[seven]

••• 5 Months Later •••

Indi's POV

The moment that I came face to face with ginormous club bouncer, I decided all at once that I had made a terrible decision.

But with Rose's arm hooked firmly in mine, there wasn't much I could do about it now. 

It was our first night out in Denver, and for the first time in my entire life, I was going to a club.  

Well, trying to at least.

Rose had been the one to convince me it was a good idea.  Despite the fact that we were both two years away from the legal drinking age.

And she promised me, no she swore to me that they wouldn't card us.  But as the bouncer stared down at us skeptically, I could already tell there was going to be a problem.  

"Are you three old enough to go in here?" he asked, his eyes scanning across us.

Alicia took a step toward him, snaking her hand around his middle. "I'm old enough to do a lot of things.  Want me to show you?"

He looked her up and down, licking his lips.  Gross. 

With the bouncer distracted, Alicia turned around and nodded for me and Rose to go.  We took our chance, sliding past the two of them.  

I know that the bouncer saw right through our tactics, but I also don't think he cared that much.

After all, he was getting something from Alicia (didn't want know what), and we were getting a free pass.  It was a win-win. 

I didn't know Alicia very well, but I liked her already.  She was, after all, letting Rose and I live in her apartment during our vacation in Denver.  She said that she was obligated to because Rose was her cousin, but my cousins definitely weren't that generous with me. 

But it was much appreciated, because Rose and I had been looking forward to this trip for months. 

We'd spent all semester saving up for this trip.  I'd slaved away at the radio station to earn every penny of it.

That was until I was fired over the Alex Turner incident.  

I mean, I had basically called him a empty-souled slut live on air, but still.  I shouldn't have gotten fired over it. 

But why would I want to work at a station that worships drunk, egotistical rockstars anyways?

So I spent the rest of the semester scanning groceries, and Rose saved every single one of her tips, and now we here, in the heart of Denver inside a club that was waaaaay too expensive for us.

Looking around, I already felt intimidated.  

The music was booming and the lights were low.  It wasn't grungy like I'd expected a club to be, but then again Alicia had told us that she would only take us to the very best clubs during our stay.

And boy, did she deliver. 

"Holy shit," Rose said in my ear.  "I think that's Bruno Mars over there in the VIP lounge."

I craned my neck. "Where?"

She immediately grabbed my arm and pulled me toward her.

"You can't do that here, Indi," she said.  "They'll kick you out if they think you're a groupie or paparazzi.  Remember the club lesson Alicia gave us on the way here?"

"Well, yeah, but-"

"We just have to dance and have a good time," she said. "And internally scream.  Would you rather say you partied in the same club as Bruno, or that you got kicked out of the same club as Bruno?"

Rose was right.  She always was.  

So I let her pull me toward the dance floor and tried to let the music take me over.

Tonight was going to be a good night.  I could feel it already.