[fifty five]

Indi's POV

I drove Matt and Rose to the airport the next morning, gripping the steering wheel tightly the whole way.  

I could hardly concentrate on the road with the events of last night reeling through my mind.  It was a wonder the three of us didn't crash and die.

I'd downed three cups of coffee by the time we'd gotten there, and another two while I walked with them to find their gate.

So it was safe to say I was totally wired.  But I had zero energy left from the night before, so being wired was probably a good thing.

"People are going to think you're having a seizure if you don't stop shaking," Rose said to me as she lugged her pink suitcase behind her.

"Sorry," I said, taking another sip of the bitter coffee.

"Yeah, was it really necessary to bring so much coffee with you?" Matt laughed.

"Today?  Yes."

Rose sighed and turned toward me.  "About last night, Indi-"

"Don't," I cut her off.  "It was nothing.  You threw the most amazing party for me, and shit happened that we couldn't control.  I was being an immature asshole, and I'm sorry for that."

She looked absolutely shocked at my words.  And to be honest, I kind of was too.

I took another sip.  "You were right.  A week with Alex can't possibly be that bad."

Was I really sure about that, though?

"So go on you too," I told her.  "Have fun on the beach.  And don't get her pregnant, Matt.  She's already hormonal enough."

We hugged and said our goodbyes and then I was left standing alone in the airport lobby, dreading every second of the ride home.

Because I knew what I was going to have to do when I got there.

I chugged down the rest of my coffee, stopped at the café and ordered another, and took off back toward my apartment.  

Well.  Here goes nothing.