[eighty]

Alex's POV

Somebody was calling my name when I woke up the next morning.

"Alex... Alex... Alex..."

For a moment I thought it was Indi, and my heart did the same thing it always does when she says my name, but when I came to, I realized it was definitely not Indi.

I opened my eyes to see Rose standing above me, her blonde hair hanging down as she shook me into consciousness.

"Huh?" I asked groggily, trying to pull myself up. "What... what's up?"

"Where's Indi?"

I looked to my right where she had been when we fell asleep, fully expecting to see her there. But there was just empty space and a tangle of sheets.

"I don't know," I said sitting up. "She must be in the bathroom, or something."

"She's not," Rose said, and it's only then that I see the worry and panic on her face. Her eyebrows are pushed together, and she almost looked... scared.

I noticed Matt then, standing near the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest. He didn't look too at ease, either.

"I've looked for her everywhere," Rose said. "She called me at four in the morning. Four in the morning! What the hell was she doing up then?"

This was too much, too early. Indi was probably at the grocery store, or at Judes, or something. I got out of bed, ready to try and calm Rose down, but then I noticed Indi's closet door was open. A chunk of clothes were missing from the hangers.

Huh.

"And I don't know where the hell Jude is," Rose continued as I made my way through Indi's room and out to the living room. "I think he had some conference, or something, and he hasn't been answering his phone, so I doubt he knows where she's at. Oh my god, what if she was kidnapped? And she tried to call me and-"

"Babe," Matt cut her off. "I'm sure she's okay. She probably just popped out for a bit."

I ducked my head in the bathroom and into Rose's room, double checking them for some idiotic reason.

"She didn't just pop out," Rose shot at Matt. "She's been gone since we woke up two hours ago."

The three of us made our way out into the living room, and my stomach began to twist into knots.

Something was wrong.

"Check your phone, Alex," Rose told me. "Maybe she called or texted you or something."

I grabbed it, scrolling through my logs quickly. Her name was nowhere to be found. I was about to put it down and start searching elsewhere, when Tom's name caught my eye.

"You talked to Tom?" Matt asked, looking over my shoulder at my phone. "What the hell did that fucker want at 3 in the morning?"

"I didn't talk to Tom," I told him. "We passed out before one. There's no way that could have been last night."

I double checked the date to make sure it was right. Sure enough, it definitely showed that I'd talked to Tom from 3:17 to 3:22 last night. But I hadn't.

That's when it clicked. Indi must have answered.

Oh fuck.

I dialed Tom's number into my phone without wasting another second.