[eighteen]

Alex's POV

I laid on the couch later that night, listening to Matt blather on about some bird at the club.

"She's a ten, Al, you shoulda seen her," he said.  "Closest thing to Claudia Schiffer I've ever seen."

"Great," I mumbled.  "That's great, Matt."

"I invited her and her friends up to the cabin tomorrow for the shoot."

"Female friends?" Nick asked, raising an eyebrow.

Matt nodded, grinning wickedly.  That was good news, I guess.  I would need some sort of distraction after the storm disaster girl had left in my mind.

"What about that girl in the bathtub?" Jamie said.  "You could invite her.  The two of you looked pretty close."

"Is she the one that messed up you face?" Matt joked.

"No," I said.  "She was just... some random girl who helped me after that bloke punched me in the club. I don't think she even knew who I was.  Didn't ask for an autograph."

The lads laughed but I couldn't bring myself to join them, because tonight had been the best night I'd had in a long time.  And her absence was now draining the electricity of it all.

So I did what I always did when I was feeling everything at once.  I grabbed my guitar, shut myself away from everyone, and wrote.