[twenty seven]

Indi's POV

I was feeling better by the time we all piled into the band's car.  We were all buzzing with conversation, ready to hunt down some ghosts.  

Jamie was driving with Nick in the passengers seat.  Matt, Rose, and Alicia sat in the three middle seats, leaving me in the back alone.  I didn't blame Alicia for not sitting in the back, though.  There was barely any space and my knees were hitting up against the back of the seat.

"Everyone ready to go?" Nick asked us.

We all whooped in the back.  

"As long as we're still going to the bar after, I'm down," Jamie laughed.

Rose smiled at Matt, and Alicia started dancing with her arms.  Everyone was in high spirits, and I was actually looking forward to this.  

But just as we were backing out, the back door of the car opened from the outside.  Before Jamie could even stop the car, Alex had thrown himself down on Matt's lap and shut himself in with us.

Fuck.

I wasn't even surprised, though.  After the last 24 hours, nothing could shock me anymore.

"Room for one more?" he asked.  

I was about to say "no", but I realized that there was room.  Right next to me.

Awesome. 

"Get in the back, will ya?" Matt laughed, trying to push him off of his lap.  Alex ruffled Matt's hair and climbed over the seat, nearly kicking Alicia in the face.

He plopped down next to me, his shoulder connecting with mine.  He didn't look at me, but I hoped he could feel my glare.

I expected him to say something, but he didn't.  He just leaned back in his seat and stared straight ahead, a smirk playing on his lips. 

"I thought you weren't coming," I said to him, trying to make my voice as icy as possible.

"And I thought you weren't speaking to me," he countered. "Guess people change their minds."

Not me.  I crossed my arms and tried to move as far away from his as I could, which wasn't very far.  Our legs were still connected.

"Indi," he said after a moment, his voice quiet enough for only us to hear.  "You remember in the club alley when you said that you could see who I was?"

I looked at him, impatient and confused as to why he thought saying anything to me right now was a good idea.  "Yeah.  Why?"

"Because, I just wanted you to know," he said leaning toward me so that his lips were only inches from my ear.  "I see you, too, disaster girl.  I see exactly who you are."