Chapter One

"Thank you all for your patience and kindness in times like these..." The nun had a tear rolling down her face as she bid the hundreds of girls sitting in front of her goodbye. She then stepped down from the stage and hugged her sisters before standing in front of us and lifting her hands above her head, palms up.

Our signal to be dismissed.

I stood up from my seat, my face wet and legs shaky. I fell in step behind my fellow peers, feeling as lonely as always as I made my way to my first class of the day. I had attended to this school for six years and had yet to make a friend. Not that I had tried very hard.

This would be my last day at St. Agatha's Catholic boarding school. I wish I could stay here forever though. I wasn't ready to go live with my uncle in the real world. He was the reason I came here anyway. Him and all the other men in the world. I was told he has a wife now though, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Nevertheless, my time at St. Agatha's was ending and I would be living with my uncle regardless.

I dug my fingernails into my palms -something I often did when I felt anxious- and continued walking with my feet dragging.

~~~

I stared at the car.

Or rather the driver in the car: bright red hair, blue eyes, and a giant adams apple. He was a he. An actual man. I hadn't seen one in years. And I think part of me thought I'd never have to see one again.

But there her was. Sitting, waiting.

I forced my feet to move towards him. "One more step," I kept telling myself until I made it to the car door. I reached out and grasped the warm, hard handle in my palm and let out a breath. I closed my eyes tightly and pulled open the car door before slipping inside. I slid onto a cold leather seat and sighed. I guess that wasn't so bad.

Thankfully the man didn't say anything but, "Hello my name is James," before shifting the car into drive and veering off into the winding trails towards my uncle.

~~~

Jack's POV

When I reached the pack house I asked the maid on duty to set up a room for John's niece who would be arriving shortly. I wanted to make a good impression on this girl since I had heard such terrible stories about her past: mother dead, father in jail, and terrified of men.

These preparations included making sure everyone was aware that a non-wolf would be staying with us and they all had to keep their big mouths shut. After all the poor girl must already be scared out of her mind coming here.

I jogged out of the house when I heard a car pulling in the drive and joined line with the rest of the horny wolves waiting to see what this new mystery girl would be like.

Werewolf teenagers are known for their raging hormones after all.

When the car stopped and a soft milky leg shyly left the interior I think I felt my heart stop.

"Damn I wouldn't mind having her as a mate," said the pack jackass, Ricky, from my right, as a petite yet curvy blonde angel in a catholic schoolgirl uniform hopped out of the car.

I watched her eyes that were full of wonder look around curiously before my eyes started trailing down. Down to her flushed cheeks and rosy lips, long neck, extremely bitable collarbones, then to her hair cascading down her shirt onto a perfect pair of breasts that I could stare at for hours. And then they traveled farther. Past a perfect set of ample hips to  a tiny skirt that liked to flirt with the wind and made me visibly lick my lips.

And then my eyes shot back to hers. They were no longer filled with curiosity though, rather fear.

'Mine' I thought with a mixture of guilt and possessiveness for having let these men that she's so obviously afraid of stare at her from so long.

Well fuck.

My mate was a 16 year old catholic school girl human who was afraid of men.

~~~

Rae POV

I felt like I was about to faint. I stared at the group of males looking at me like they were wolves and I was a defenseless bunny.

One in particular looked like he was about to pounce. I watched his blue eyes trail down my body and could practically see the drool run down his chin.

I could feel my legs start to shake and my blood run cold.

I imagined him running towards me, getting faster and faster until he got close enough that his hand swiftly rose then painfully fell onto my cheek, backed up with all the energy from his sprint. I would fall and they would laugh. And then I would look up from beneath the painful sting of my cheek and see the familiar hatred in his eyes.

But that didn't happen.

I let out a breath and watched as the brown haired and blue eyed man sent everyone who was watching me away.

"Well fuck."

This was going to harder than I thought.

~~~

A lady eventually came down and led me into the mansion and up into what seemed to be a small apartment that she said was my room.

I thanked her and she left. I scanned the room, making note of a bathroom door, a bedroom door, a couch and a window. I hauled my suitcase with all my belongings to the bedroom and started unpacking.