Chapter ten

Rae POV

By the end of the school day I was so exhausted that all I wanted to do was go home and fall in bed. But Jack had other plans.

"C'mon," he said, "I have a special place I want to show you."

"Fine," I begrudgingly agreed as we both hopped in his Jeep, "wake me up when we get there." I rested my head on the window and let my heavy eyelids slide shut.

~~~

"Were here."

"What?" I asked, prying my face off of Jack's shoulder, "sorry," I told him sheepishly.

He looked at me as if he wanted to say something really important, "don't worry about it."

I gave him a sheepish smile and followed him when he got out of the car.

"So what do you think?" He asked, gesturing to the landscape.

My eyes widened at the view and my breath was instantly gone.

Miles of trees on spread out on either side of us were cut of by a tall cliff, with a great body of water underneath. What looked like a small island sat a few miles out but besides that it was totally clear.

My gaze shifted to Jack.

I stared up at him and watched him gaze at the horizon. For some reason he was different. I had only known him a few days but it really felt like years. I wasn't even scared of him, not anymore. He was someone I could trust. Something about him made me want to get closer.

So close that my lips were on his and his hands were in my hair and our bodies molded together so tight nothing could separate them. My arms would encircle him, his hands would leave my hair and travel down-

"What do you think?" He asked with expectant eyes.

I blushed, remembering what I had just been thinking of, "I think it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." I realized that was a lie as I stared into his deep orbs and traced his face with my own eyes.

A giant smile spread on his face, "I'm glad you think so. C'mon, follow me.'

He led me to the edge of the cliff and showed me that there was in fact a stone staircase leading down to the water.

~~~

Jack POV

Asking if she wanted to swim was a bad idea. A bad bad idea...

I swore at myself when she took off her shirt. And then her pants.

And then there she was. In (almost) all her glory looking at me as if she would rather die than have me stare at her body any longer.

But it was so hard not to.

Her black bra and panties were so tempting... And the way her boobs were getting pushed up when she raised er arms to try and block them. And that figure! Oh Goddess, save me now!

"Um..." she spoke, "Are you going to take off your shirt too?"She asked with a cute blush spread out on her cheeks.

I slowly slipped off my shirt and quickly realized it was now my turn to be embarrassed.

I was usually proud of my scars, obtained from various run-ins with rogues, but in front of her I suddenly felt self conscious of the red streaks on my chest and back. Something about her seeing me (almost) fully for the first time made me insecure in myself and in my body.

I watched as she traced her eyes all over me. I wondered what she was thinking. She must have thought I was ugly. To her these scars weren't trophies, they were just scars.

I cleared my throat and her eyes slowly returned to mine, "I'll race ya."

And suddenly I was off, running towards the water, leaving everything behind me.

Rae POV

As I watched him run into the water at full speed I laughed and wondered how he had talked me into this.

Stripping in front of anyone was so out of my comfort zone that I had no idea why it felt natural in front of Jack... In fact, everything felt natural when it came to him.

After watching him look like a fool splashing around in the water alone for some a minute, I decided to run in after him.

I jogged to the edge of the water and didn't miss the hungry look in Jack's eyes as he scanned down my body. It gave me chills but I ignored it.

When my toes touched the water I was shocked at the cold but decided to treat it like a bandaid and dive head first into the chilling lake.

When my head emerged I saw Jack applauding my bravery and I gave him my best smile before swimming over to him.

"Its freezing," I said and ran my hand down my arms.

Jack looked guilty for a split second but then his playful grin returned, "Don't worry," he said, opening his arms and taking a step toward me, "I'm warm enough for the both of us."

My eyebrows scrunched together, "what do you m-" I was cut off my Jacks strong arms wrapping around me.

I was instantly shocked by how warm he was, his chest pressing against mine was like a furnace. It seemed unusual since the water on him was so cold. I ignored it though and let my mind relax for the first time in months.

With Jack encircling me like this I felt completely safe, I didn't have to worry about anything. 

~~~

:)