Chapter nine

I was full on freaking out by the time we got to the school.

I thought I was getting better but as I stared at the crowds fill with teenage boys my heartbeat picked up.

They were all so big and capable of hurting me.

It was different here than at the party because there it was dark and I was intoxicated for most of it. But now the light shone down and all the big muscles and unshaved jaws were illuminated in the sun.

Jack stared at me from the other side of the car, "hey, look at me," he said.

So I did.

And when my eyes met the oceans in his face I immediately relaxed. My breathing calmed and my heartbeat slowed.

He held out his hand and my mind flashed back to saturday night. How good it had felt to be so close with him. So I took it.

And the sparks ignited. And I was suddenly happy to be at that school as long as Jack was with me.

We sat like that, just staring at eachother for a long time. Until Jack asked, "ready?"

And I said, "yes."

Jack got out and opened my door before escorting me to the counselor's office, holding my hand the entire time.

The trek was long and filled with scary boys and mean looks from girls I had never met.

To say the least it was terrifying.

When we got to the office a nice lady named Carol handed me my schedule and told me to have a good day.

I showed Jack my schedule and he was excited to say, "we have five classes together! Wow you must be a genius or something, these are all senior classes."

I blushed, "no they just must've done things differently at Saint Agatha's.

Jack shrugged and led me by hand to our first class -- creative writing.

When we walked into the classroom there were only 15 or so other students but all eyes fell on us. I looked to Jack wondering why we were getting so much attention but he just smiled at me and walked me to a desk in the back of the room and sat down next to me.

"Does it feel like everyone is watching you?" I asked quietly.

"It's probably just because you're new," he said attempting to comfort me, "Ya know, fresh meat and all that."

I sighed. It felt just like that first day when I arrived. Like I was drowning in their stares... Only this time I had a friend.

Eventually the rest of the class trickled in and then the teacher.

I recognized some of my classmates from the dinner table my first day. They all seemed like nice enough kids I guess.

The teacher was a middle aged man with the physique of a 20 year old. Immediately I was intimidated. He had short black hair and a straight jawline.

But the most striking thing about him were his eyes... deep ocean blue...

I looked at Jack and back at the teacher, Mr. Red, "Jack... what's your last name?"

Jack chuckled, "I thought you'd figure it out on your own, yes our creative writing teacher is my brother."

I stared at him and hit him in the arm jokingly, "why didn't you tell me??"

He shrugged with a devious smile, "I guess I wanted to see if you really were a genius."

I rolled my eyes and looked back to the front of the class.

~~~

Jack POV

After creative writing we had AP Government.

I usually hated that class but today it wasn't so bad.

After that we had different classes so we parted ways and came back together after that period for lunch.

"So how was Chem?" I asked.

"I've already learned most of what we're doing so I think I'll be fine but that girl Jewel was in my class. I think she has it out for me or something," she looked sad and all I wanted to do in that moment was give her a giant bear hug.

I wasn't surprised to hear about Jewel not liking Rae... I had a feeling there would be some problems between the two of them. For as long as I had known her, Jewel was convinced she was going to be my Luna. And now that Rae was here her plans were definitely sabotaged. Not that they would have ever worked in the first place.

"And John was there!" my ears perked up when she said that, "He still kind of scares me but it was nice to have a familiar face in the class."

That little bitch. He must be trying to get close to Rae so he can take advantage of her.

"Stay away from him," I told her seriously, using my best alpha tone.

She shrunk down at my voice but nodded her head at my words.

I felt bad commanding her like that but I reminded myself that once we mated she wouldn't have to comply to my authority.

When we walked in the cafeteria all eyes shot to their alpha like they always did. It was a normal instinct for a pack to have. Nevertheless I couldn't really explain that to Rae so she became nervous every time there were eyes on us.

We made our way to a small round table without any other students.

I usually sat with Ron too but his trip got delayed a few more days since there were complications with rogues on their way back. 

So I sat with Rae and we ate.

~~~

Dont worry youll find out why Mr. Red isnt the Alpha heir;)