chapter seven

I cringed as I thought about what I had done. And what Jack must think of me now.

"I'm sorry," I said shaking my head, "I can't believe I did that..."

"Its really ok," said Jack, "as long as you're okay now."

"I think I am... I just can't stop thinking about how close I was to so many guys..." I said as my mind flashed back to the party and the hundreds of desperate sweating bodies that surrounded me. And the men. So many men!

Jack must not have known this part of the story though because his eyes flashes with surprise, "What do you mean?"

I told him about the dancing and watched as his knuckles tightened around the steering wheel; but his face remained calm. "Are you okay?" I asked sensing the change of mood in the car, "You seem kind of... tense..."

Jack blinked at me and his hands relaxed. "Yeah I'm good," he cleared his throat," I just didn't think you would be okay with getting so close to those guys. You told me you were afraid of men."

"I know," I said, looking down at my coffee, "that's the weird thing. It felt like it wasnt me when I was dancing. I was someone else entirely. Someone who wasn't afraid to get close to men, who wasn't scared at all. I was just having fun."

Jack cleared his throat again, "we should get going, I don't want your aunt to worry."

~~~

The ride home was quiet. I wondered silently if Jack was mad at my behaviour. I would probably be mad at me.

He had taken me to a party and I had gotten drunk and grinded on his classmates. The more I thought about it the more humiliated and sorry I became.

But I was also impressed with myself. How had I gotten that close and not lost it?

I was still asking myself questions when Jack stopped the car and unbuckled.

We had made it back to the house.

Jack swiftly got out of the car and opened my door for me before I even had the sense to unbuckle. I got out of the car and looked up at him. I needed to repay him for this embarrassment somehow.

I stared at his hand holding the top of the car door. He looked at me expectantly.

I didn't know why but I had an urge to reach out, to make contact.

"Rae, I," Jack started. But before he knew it my hand was on his and we were both too stunned to speak.

Tingles ran up and down my arm. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. My brain went all fuzzy. Touching him felt so... good?

This was not at all what I expected. It wasn't at all what I remember him holding me being like either.

"Rae?" Jack whispered. My eyes shot straight up to his and I blinked.

I pulled my hand away unexpectedly and rushed out, "I'm sorry about tonight," before walking away from him and to my room.

~~~

Jack POV

Did she just touch my hand? Willingly? I chill ran through me when I thought about her hand on mine. A warm chill, filled with sparks and tingles. Things were moving faster between us than I could've hoped.

I was stilling thinking about things when my phone buzzed from my pocket.

A text from Ron, "Trip delayed, see u in a few days"

Hmm. That was a short trip. They must have had luck hunting.

I started strolling towards my pack house, thinking about Rae, wondering what she would think of her uncle. Had they met before? Would she be scared of him?

All things to be revealed the next few days I supposed.

Before I knew it I had made it to my room.

I brushed my teeth, took a shower, put on some boxers, and went to bed dreaming of my mate.

~~~~

Yikes, yet another poorly written chapter to this cheesy werewolf novel... hope you enjoyed it!