Chapter Six

"Is this her?" Chad asked as he pulled my mate off of me.

Rae turned to him and took in his handsome face, "you're pretty cute too."

I growled and grabbed her from him, lifting her into my arms, "let's go."

"I'll take that as a yes," Chad muttered as we started walking towards the door.

"Ooooh scary growl!" She laughed at herself and wiggled in my arms, "I'm flyingg!" She raised her arms above her head and closed her eyes.

I chuckled at her silliness and wondered how drunk she really was, "how many cups of punch did you have anyway?"

"Welll..." She started counting out of order on her fingers but lost track. She shrugged, "not sure."

I shook my head and maneuvered around intoxicated teens. Eventually we made it to the door but it took a while. Especially with Rae trying to slip out of my arms every few minutes.

When we got outside we were immediately shocked by the cool night air. It was heaven compared to the stuffy crowd inside.

"UGh its soo cold," Rae snuggled into my torso and took a deep intake of breath.

Her smell was mixed with the reek of booze. I snuggled back anyway.

"Dude you must be in heaven. Didn't you say she was too scared to even touch you when we were talking earlier?" Chad butted in.

"I guess it's nice to be so close to her, I just wish it was under different circumstances..." And I did. If this was happening at any other time I would be in pure bliss, but with Rae so drunk the experience just felt ...tainted.

"That makes sense," Chad dropped the subject, "So where is your car anyway dude?"

"Right over there," I pointed to my VW parked under a tree a little ways away.

"Sweet. I'll help get her loaded up then I'll see you two off and head back to the house," Chad said.

"Cool."

By the time we reached the car Rae was fast asleep. She still managed to try and hang on to me when I put her in the passenger's seat.

"Bye Chad," I said, giving him a handshake before getting in the car and driving away.

~~~

"Thank you very much," I told the barista and took the drink from the drive through window.

"No problem," the brunette said with a wink.

I rolled my eyes as I drove away. As if. I had all that I ever needed sleeping right next to me.

Speaking of Rae- I parked in a spot outside of the starbucks and shook her gently and handed her the cup of coffee when her eyes opened.

"Whats this?" She groggily asked as she took the steaming cup from my hands and sat up.

"Something to help sober you up," I said with a smirk, thinking back to her earlier drunken state.

"Sober?" She grabbed her head and let out a groan, "uuuuuugh, how did I even get drunk?"

"You don't remember?" I laughed a little, "you must've drank at least half that bowl of punch."

"Punch," she tilted her head and took a sip of coffee, "what does the punch have to d- ooohh... you mean?"

I nodded and pulled out of the parking spot.

"Did I embarrass myself?" She asked.

So I told her all about it.

A/N

short again ik but its kinda like part two of chap five so I thought it was enough idk

Thanks for reading!