1

"Hinata, are you limping?" Kageyama yelled from across the gym. Everyone paused in their tracks, surprised by the sudden outburst. Hinata fell over as he was in midair in the middle of practicing one of their volleyball quicks.

"W-what?" Hinata exclaimed, surprised that Kageyama actually noticed. It wasn't really like him to care anyway. Kageyama walked towards him with a unidentifiable expression. To Hinata, Kageyama was the most scary when he wasn't expressing his usual anger.

"Stand up." The taller boy demanded.

"Okay?" Hinata stood trying to keep balance and seem fine.

"Run."

"What?" Hinata blinked. What did Kageyama mean?

"Did I stutter? Run a lap around the gym." Kageyama continued with the same serious expression. It wasn't necessarily the calm before a storm this time. However, Hinata couldn't quite tell what it was.

"A-alright." Hinata turned around and proceeded to run, but remembering the pain in his leg he stopped. He cringed in pain. It was a good thing he wasn't facing the rest of them. He couldn't let them see him in such a weak position.

"Hinata?" Suga called out worriedly.

"I'm fine." Hinata said taking a deep breath before going to a steady jog. He made sure to be careful to be as cautious as possible of his hurting knee.

"Faster." Kageyama said once more. Everyone looked at him with confusion.

"Why?" This time it was Nishinoya who spoke up. "I mean, he's fine right?"

"I mean, unless you can't run that fast-" Kageyama scoffed looking straight into Hinata's eyes, knowing it would trigger him to try harder. Indeed, Hinata went into a sprinting speed just to come into a stop as he doubled over.

"Hinata!"

"Are you okay?"

"What's wrong!"

"What happened?"

"Is your leg okay?"

A series of worried words came from the team. Hinata stayed speechless on the ground. How exactly did Kageyama find out? The pain had been with him for a few days, but he wasn't sure what had happened.

"You probably tripped over your own feet one day." Tsukishima said rolling his eyes. Hinata scowled, but he was mostly used to Tsukishima's dry sarcastic comments.

"Hinata," Coach Ukai said suddenly. Everyone had practically forgotten he and Takeda-sensei was there. "Let's go to the hospital."

"Do we need an ambulance!?" Takeda exclaimed worriedly.

"Let's all calm down." Coach Ukai said, trying his best himself to keep his composure. He and Takeda led Hinata into his car. They discussed the situation in hushed tones, making the rest of the team restless with worry.

"I'm sure he's fine." Kageyama said suddenly to his team.

"Are you okay Kageyama? Do you have a fever?" Tanaka asked in pure confusion. It wasn't like Kageyama to say these things.

"I'm fine." Kageyama said rolling his eyes. He tried his best to remain expressionless but deep inside he was hurting the most.

△△△

"He seems fine, but we'll have to watch him for a while." The doctor stated, to Coach Ukai and Hinata's mom.

"Thank you. We'll schedule for tomorrow then?"

"If he's willing to. He does seem to be in a lot of pain. We could keep him here for a little while if you want." Ukai and Hinata's mom exchanged glances.