11

A/N: To the people who thought I was going to make Hinata lose his memory, nah that ain't happening (thanks for commenting though, I appreciate-)

There's no evil plot twist like that

..right?

☆☆☆

Hinata suddenly felt himself getting pulled up, out of his mind. It was as if he was stuck in his mind which was a sea in his imagination. He had finally reached the surface, and it took him a few seconds to adjust to his surroundings.

He was in the middle of the sea, and all around him, there was just... water.

He was still stuck. All the hope had turned into disappointment.

He could never get out of this, he knew it.

And then he heard the voices.

"Hinata?" The voices were clear and no longer seemed distant.

"Hinata! Can you hear me?" Was it Kageyama? He recognized the voice, but he sounded so desperate, Hinata almost didn't want it to be him. Had he caused him this much pain?

I can! Hinata tried to say.

"Is he moving? Is he awake?"

I am! No matter what, he wasn't in control of his own body.

"Sorry Kageyama... it doesn't seem like he is."

No! I... am.

"Get the doctor, Tsukishima!"

"On it." A deep voice mumbled, and his footsteps got more distant each time it hit the floor.

"Where's the nurse?" This voice was still unfamiliar to Hinata. He knew it but it didn't seem to be someone that he was close with.

"She must be on break, I'm not sure where the others are." Hinata heard Kageyama say his voice sounding a bit odd.

"Gah where are they when we need them?" Their voices kept getting more and more urgent and anxious, making Hinata's heart hurt.

"I just... hope he's okay." This time Kageyama definitely sounded weird. Was he... crying? He couldn't be.

Sniffle.

Somebody had sniffled and sounds of them crying now reached Hinata's ears. No, it couldn't be Kageyama... it can't be...

"Kageyama... it's okay... he's going to be okay. You don't need to cry..."

Crap, Kageyama was actually crying.

Don't cry! I'm okay...

But Hinata wasn't okay, he couldn't move his mouth or make a sound. He was indeed trapped in his own body.

There was no escape.

Sounds of footsteps returned, and there were lots of them so Tsukishima must have returned with the doctor and nurses. There weren't many things said, and more things done. There were lots of sounds of people scrambling around and sounds of objects.

Hinata slowly felt himself lose awareness again. This was so common now that he had almost expected.

Falling...

Falling...

And gone.

☆☆☆

Kageyama couldn't stop the tears from flowing out. As he was told to wait outside of the room, it made him panicked even more as each minute passed. He moved around uncomfortably and awkwardly as he tried to calm himself down.

Iwaizumi sighed. "Hey, it's going to be alright."

"No one knows that for sure though."

"The little shrimp isn't that hopeless." Tsukishima said, trying to make the situation better.

"I, well... it's impossible to tell."

"And nothing will come out of being depressed about it." Iwaizumi said as he put his hands on the setter's shoulder. It was comforting and Kageyama soon realizee his tears had stopped. He wasn't very use to human contact, but he decided that he liked it.

"Well now we wait I guess..." Tsukishina said.

There were footsteps coming their way again, but this was normal considering it was a busy hospital. However, this hallway was usually pretty empty, because of how special Hinata's condition was.

"I- Iwa-chan..." Kageyama turned around to see Oikawa obviously embarrased that he had just stuttered. His body posture was one that Kageyama had barely ever seen from him. His shoulders were slumped and his head hung shamefully.

"Trashykawa? What are you-" Iwaizumi asked, surprised.

"I'm just... t-trash. I know, but I w-was here b-b-because-" Oikawa stopped and lowered his head. Kageyama had never seen Oikawa so down on himself. He had raged and let his anger out on Kageyama before, but never was he so... insecure.

"Oikawa?"

"I'm sorry, I don't even know. I'm just a dumbass-"

"Oikawa."

"I should leave, I'm not welcome-"

"Tooru." At the sound of his first name being called, Oikawa looked up with shock. The familiarity of it was nostalgic, and the way Iwaizumi had said it, had sentimental value to him.

"I-Iwa-chan?" The ace moved in and pulled him into an embrace. There was no more stopping to him, Oikawa felt a tear roll down his cheek.

"It's okay, Tooru. You're okay. We're all okay."

"It's not o-okay between us anymore." Oikawa subconsciously rested his head on Iwaizumi's shoulder while still hugging him.

"What's happening?" Kageyama whispered to Tsukishima who only rolled his eyes.

"Oh you idiots, it's right in front of your eyes!" Tsukishima hissed, before calming down. Different emotions seemed to hit him. "You're all so boring, with those barely used minds of yours."

"Tsuk-"

"Why do you think Iwaizumi calling Oikawa's first name mean so much to him? They obviously dated."

"But how does that-"

"How does that mean anything? Well when people date they call each other by their first names or some nickname."

"And you know that because...?" There was a sudden change in Tsukishima's expression before he was back.

"No reason. It's common knowledge."

"I knew they dated but... can you tell what happened between them?"

"I may be smarter than you but that doesn't mean I'm Sherlock Holmes."

"But you could at least d-da-dadu-"

"Deduce?"

"Yes that! You could at least... de...duce something from that."

"And what makes you think that?"

"Because you're smart?" Kageyama replied as if it was beyond obvious. Tsukishima almost forgot how honest and blunt Kageyama could be. It made him regain full composure again, and he looked at the two again.

They were now just hugging each other tightly and tears were continuously flooding out. They were talking to each other in hushed tones and Kageyama couldn't make out what they said. He turned towards Tsukishima again, surprised that he seemed crestfallen. There was definitely something to him that Kageyama couldn't figure out, but he knew he would know one day.

The two had finally let go and Iwaizumi put both his hands on Oikawa's shoulder and said one more thing. Oikawa nodded, not meeting his eyes, and Iwaizumi let go. They turned back to them wordlessly. The four of them sat in silence for another a few minutes, all with their backs against the wall.

The door finally opened and Kageyama leaped up in response. The doctor showed up and glanced at all of them once.

"Please come in."