21

"Your room is pretty cool," Suga commented. He scanned the plain room, and admired his volleyball objects.

Kageyama shifted around nervously. "There's not much." 

And it was true. All he had was a pile of manga books, volleyballs, knee pads, his bed, and some other volleyball related objects.

"You like manga?"

"I read it when I don't want to do my homework."

"Understandable," Suga grinned. "You really are super dedicated to volleyball though."

"Can you blame me?" Kageyama replied grinning sheepishly.

"Of course not."

The air was filled with a slight bit of awkwardness, but Kageyama wasn't sure if it was just him. He was just naturally awkward, and social interaction wasn't usually a part of his routine. 

But the presence of the senpai was comforting and much different from Iwaizumi.

Iwaizumi gave off a cool and relaxed guy, who could easily beat the crap out of you. But once you know him, it's easy to say there's only one person he picks on, and that's Oikawa. Even when he was angry and irritated you knew he would never hurt you unless purposely provoked him into doing so.

Sugawara on the other hand, was very warm and welcoming, and obviously nicknamed "Mr. Refreshing" by Oikawa. However, he was easily the scariest person ever when angry. The vibe he gave, if he felt it was necessary, was the most frightening a human being could ever be.

The two were almost completely opposite but the thing they both had in common for sure was their care and compassion for Kageyama.

Before, he had doubted it. There seemed to be no reason for anyone to be around Kageyama as both of them were pretty cool and had plenty of friends.

"So did Iwaizumi-san ask you to bring me a raincoat?"

"Yep, and you still haven't told me why you've been avoiding us. 

"I didn't want you guys to worry."

"And somehow that made us worry more. Funny how things work huh?" Suga said. "Look, we miss you and trying to dodge us isn't making anything better. Must I remind you that our game is in two days?"

"I know," Kageyama sighed. "How's Hinata?"

"Well, we were going to ask you actually," Suga said worriedly. "We haven't heard from him in the past few days as well. You first-years are really killing us here y'know."

Hinata was gone as well?

Kageyama drew a shaky breath. The bright orange hair, with his warm brown eyes. His lips which Kageyama had once captured with his own. A rush of sentiment flowed through his veins and his fists clenched and released as he exhaled.

"What's happening to us? Just how- did we end up like this?

"You tell me," Suga sighed, but there was no exasperation in his voice. "Look I don't blame anyone, because none of you did anything wrong."

"DO YOU EVER FEEL, LIKE A PLASTIC BAG-"

Kageyama looked around startled at the sudden playing of the song.

"Oh shoot sorry, that's my phone." Suga said, blushing. "Nishinoya and Tanaka were fooling around with my phone and changed my ringtones."

"DO YOU EVER FEEL, FEEL SO PAPER THIN-"

"Hey Daichi... Yup I'm here... Hinata what? Alright, we're coming."

Suga hung up and let out another sigh. He turned his attention to the taller setter.