12

Images blurred in front of Hinata and for a moment he was clueless.

His mind went blank and it was as if he just saw light for the first time in years. He was confused on what was happening, and there just seemed to be so much going on.

Who were all these people? They surrounded him and it made him feel scared and unprotected. Were they people he knew?

His mind was going crazy, and he got more dizzy by the second. People were saying a lot of things and staring at him but he didn't understand or recognise any of it.

But then he felt Kageyama.

He didn't physically touch him, but Hinata felt his presence.

It calmed him down and Hinata now regained composure. He tried to observe around him but it was all still a bit of a blur.

"...Hinata say something..."

"...is he going to be alright..."

"...hello? Can you hear us..."

"...doctor. why isn't he..."

"...what do we..."

"...is this really going to..."

Nothing made a lot of sense so his eyes naturally wandered towards Kageyama's. Kageyama didn't say anything yet but when his eyes met Hinata's he felt his face flush. His focus was entirely on Hinata and he was concentrating harder than ever before. It was as if he was trying to figure him out. The stare was intense and too much for him, and it made Hinata want to look away.

But he didn't.

Because he enjoyed it. He thought his name over and over. He couldn't move or say a sound, so there was nothing to that.

Kageyama... Kageyama... Kageyama...

Suddenly the room went silent and everyone's attention was on him again. Hinata was once again confused on what had just happened.

"He just..."

"He did, didn't he?"

"I'm not imagining it...?"

"He spoke!"

I... did? Hinata thought. I really just, said Kageyama out loud.

"Kageyama, say something!" Nishinoya said enthusiastically making Kageyama blush.

"Huh? What do I say?"

Tanaka chuckled and slapped his back. "Well damn, he just basically said 'Kageyama' out everything he could have said!"

"I... can't..." Hinata tried to say. His voice was unclear and was a bit more than a whisper.

"Shh, it's okay." Dr. Sukodu said quieting Hinata. "He needs more rest-"

"I'm... fine... please..."

"Hinata." Dr. Sukodu said sternly.

"Just... five minutes." Hinata pleaded, his eyes begging for him. As much as the doctor wanted to resist, he couldn't. Hinata was precious and there was nothing he could do.

But he couldn't just accept either, he needed to be responsible.

"Oh come on, Aoi. Five minutes won't hurt." The nurse said, speaking up. The doctor looked up and they exchanged glances. It was like a wordless conversation or argument, and the nurse won.

"Alright. Miyu says you can catch up for 5 minutes, but nothing more, you got that?"

"Yes!" The team cheered.

"Thank you Hisakawa-san." Coach Ukai said uneasily.

"Oh come on Keishin I told you to call me Miyu."

"Er, yes Miyu-chan." The other operating staff, nurse Hisakawa, and Dr. Sukodu left, and the moment they stepped out, everything went into chaos.

"Tsukishima you saw that didn't you, you get it!" Suga exclaimed excitedly.

"Yes, uh, but why me?"

"Well, you're quite observant as you saw that Kageyama and Hinata had feelings for each other as well-" Kageyama and Hinata both blushed at the same time, and looked away. "-so you should know!"

"Um, what?" Daichi asked, not exactly sure what was happening.

Tsukishima replied, with slight amusement in his voice. "Well believe it or not Sugawara-san is very sharp-eyed and he sees things, unlike you lot."

"So what was it?" Asahi asked

"Well Coach Ukai just called the nurse 'Miyu-chan', and even the doctor called her by her first name!" Suga said as if it was obvious, which it kind of was now, when he explained it, Hinata thought.

Despite seeing the nurse often, Kageyama realized he had never asked for her name, which was rude now that he looked at it.

"H-hey-" Coach Ukai tried to say, but his face was now red in embarrassment.

"Wasn't Coach and Doctor Sukodu in the same team?" Ennoshita said, catching on. "So they were in the same school, so Hisakawa-san could've likely been there too!"

"Exactly! Were they... dating?" Suga said cautiously.

"A love triangle!" Takeda-sensei said enthusiastically.

"Couldn't they have been just really close friends?"

"Not really, have you seen the way they look at her?"

"Hey you guys!" Keishin Ukai finally called out, silencing them. "It's rather personal... so..."

"Please tell us, we're all dying to know."

"Can we focus on Hinata right now?" Everyone seemed to forget about Hinata until now

Suga turned to Hinata sheepishly. "Oh, sorry Hinata I got excited about this."

"It's fine cuz I'm curious too!" Hinata replied eagerly. "Coach Ukai, did you date her before?"

"...Hinata how are you feeling?"

"Great! Just a bit... tired."

"Well you seemed energized from what just happened."

"He seems to feeds off of other people's energy." Yamaguchi said, deep in thought.

"That sounds creepy, Yamaguchi!" Tanaka exclaimed.

"Uh, sorry?"

"But did they both date her?"

"Who knows?"

"I do." Tsukishima said rolling his eyes. "It's kind of obvious."

"Of course, Tsukki is very observant!" Yamaguchi said in admiration.

"Coach Ukai and Hisakawa-san dated before, while Dr. Sukodu and her stayed friends. However, he has feelings for her, not to her knowledge."

"Wow really?"

"How are you so sure?"

"But I want details!"

"AHEM, anywayyys..." Coach Ukai interrupted once more. "We need to focus on volleyball here."

"Yes, and sorry for making things so serious again but... We'll see when you'll be back and ready to play again. You'll need time to recover of course, so I've been thinking..." Takeda-sensei said regretfully. "You probably won't be playing in the next game."

A/N: school is finally over for me, so I'll be updating more probably.
Boring chapter, I know... :(
My inspiration is kinda running low, so I reread your comments cuz y'all are the sweetest people alive

(Anyone ship Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei, or am I just weird? ^^)

QUESTION: what are your opinions on my original characters? :/ (the nurse, kinda the doctor etc.)