32

"This is great!"

"Iwaizumi-san you've sad that at least 20 times in the last hour," Kageyama groaned, sipping his coffee.

Iwaizumi couldn't contain his excitement, as they made their way down the busy street. "The university team is fantastic! You already know Bokuto and Nishinoya from there."

Hearing the familiar names made his heart sink.

"I don't even know why they extended this scholarship to me," Kageyama mumbled.

Iwaizumi sensed that something was obviously bothering the younger boy but he couldn't tell what.

"I know you hate this nickname but... aren't you the King of the Court?"

"Why would you say it if you knew I hated it?"

Iwaizumi chose his words carefully. "And why do you hate it?"

"What do you mean?"

Iwaizumi shrugged casually. "Simple question; why do you hate it?"

"Well that's obvious isn't?" Kageyama couldn't find the words. "...It's the feeling it gives me?"

"And what's that feeling like?"

"What are you, my therapist?" Kageyama said, unintentionally attacking one of his best friends. Recently he noticed that he had a knack for accidentally hurting the closest people in his life.

Iwaizumi remained unfazed. "Might as well be. You gotta open up to someone Tobio. I've been studying psychology as an elective, and if I had to take one thing from it, is that people like you always end up driving themselves insane." 

"People like me?" 

"Keeping your emotions bottled up, saying their fine when they aren't."

"Hajime, I'm okay," Kageyama reassured. "Stuff that happened in the past doesn't affect me anymore."

Iwaizumi frowned. "Is there a reason that they don't?"

"Because I need to move on."

Iwaizumi nodded, and decided not to push it.

"Alright Tobio let's talk about something else."

Kageyama was the worst at small talk. He desperately looked around the street they were walking on for something to comment on.

"Ow!" Kageyama exclaimed as he felt a sting on his leg. 

"What's wrong?" Iwaizumi looked in concern.

"I think I got stung by a wasp." He examined the spot and there was a huge red bump in place.

"Are you allergic?"

"Don't think so." He had been stung once as a kid, so he assumed that he was fine.

"Then don't be a baby about it." Iwaizumi chuckled.

Kageyama feigned disbelief and extreme hurt. 

"Kidding, let's go get you some ice."

At least they had something to talk about, Kageyama noted, as he continued to limp on their search for ice.

"Speaking of wasps, did you watch that recent Marvel movie?"

"Yeah it was pretty fun!"

"Did you stay for the post credit scene? 'Cuz that really shook me when she and her parents just disintegrat-"

"SPOILERS TOBIO, SPOILERS-"

△△△

The night wind sent a chill down his spine. It probably would have been a wiser choice to wear something thicker than his current t-shirt and shorts.