18

"Don't you get soaked, everytime it rains?"

"Huh?" Kageyama looked up. 

"Well you refuse to use umbrellas," Iwaizumi chuckled, as he handed his friend a bubble tea. They had gone to a bubble tea store after Kageyama said he had never tried it. "I understand why... I don't want to come off as ignorant. I was just curious, you don't have to answer."

"Well I try not to go out," Kageyama replied, thoughtfully. "But yeah I do. I get soaked, and my mom use to ask me about it. But I never told her why."

Iwaizumi took a seat across from him. "Did you talk to her about it... after the incident?"

"She was devastated when it happened, but she doesn't have any idea about my PTSD."

"No clue? You've never been with your mom in the rain?"

"Well actually... I'm never really with my mom in any kind of circumstance. We grew apart after the incident. It's not like we hate each other and it's awkward, but we don't really talk unless it's important or necessary."

"I'm sorry... I didn't know."

"It's okay, not many people do." Kageyama took a sip of the bubble tea. It surprised him when tapioca was sucked up in the straw as well, and he almost choked on it.

"Careful!" Iwaizumi chuckled. "I still can't believe you've never tried it before."

"It's good. What flavor is this?" 

"Original Milk Tea," the older boy said. "Thought I would treat you to do original one first. We could have a mango slushie the next time we come."

Next time?

Iwaizumi intended to hang out more with Kageyama?

"Iwaizumi-san... do you pity me?"

"Pity?"

"Well I kinda thought, maybe you only... hang out with me cuz you feel sorry-"

Iwaizumi shook his head. "Listen kid, you're obviously very insecure. When I first met you, I thought you were confident and thought you were the best at everything, but I was wrong."

"T-that doesn't answer my question."

"Do you really think that? The answer is obviously, I do feel sorry and I hope you feel better slowly, and I want to help. But there's no doubt you're a cool kid. Wow, it's weird how different you are from Oikawa."

At the mention of the older setter's name, they both seemed to cringe a bit and an awkward silence fell upon them. Kageyama drank his bubble tea contently though. It was definitely delicious, and he looked forward to coming to the store more often to drink.

"So how was practice?"

"It was good, I think Hinata coming back was really uncomfortable at first. But he helped us get back into shape."

"How's Hinata and you?" Iwaizumi smirked, obviously very interested.

"Uh, what do you mean?"

"C'mon you know what I mean."

"He's okay, I'm not sure about his health condition too be honest, but he looks fine."

"Glad to hear that he's healthy, but I'm curious on his relationship with you at the moment."

"I have no clue what your saying."

"Yeah, cut the BS," Iwaizumi said, rolling his eyes. "I know you guys are both head over heels over each other."

"He rejected me." Kageyama tried to sound as casual as possible, sipping his bubble tea. But deep down he felt empty and heartbroken.

"I... what?"