Twelve

"So we have these books in the library," Ali said, putting a pile of books down on the table,"These should tell us something."
"Thanks Ali," Quentin said, picking one up,"How are you doing with the project do far??"
"Good. I've found many facts on the digestive system and on reproduction. I need to write them down so I can turn them into a booklet," Ali said.
"How long will writing them down take??" Quentin asked.
"Mmmmmm...... Probably a few minutes. I'll need to draw pictures in the booklet, once I've finished writing it..... Which will take a few days,"Ali replied.
Quentin nodded.
"Where's Harriet??" Ali asked.
"She said she had to do something," Quentin replied, opening his book.
"She's been busy for a long time," Ali said,"You came here a few hours ago."
"Yeah.... Well..... I like to be prepared. She doesn't," Quentin muttered.
As if on cue, Harriet ran in. She wore a  white top with red hearts on the hem. She had a red checked skirt with green, yellow and purple checks, like a kilt. She wore tall white socks that ended just below her skirt and wore knee high leather boots.
"Harriet!!" Ali smiled,"........ Wow....... Your hair......"
"Isn't it neat??" Harriet asked.
"It looks nice," Quentin said.
Harriet had spent the morning hours of her time dying her hair, from a light pink, to a bright pink. She had also curled her hair so much, it was so frizzy and curly. She tied her hair into two high pigtails.
"Has Queenie dyed her hair??" Quentin asked.
"No. She's thinking about it..... She doesn't know weather to do her hair blue, purple or silver. She doesn't know whether to do all her hair, or leave it half done like her red dye," Harriet replied,"So what are you doing??"
"We're doing the science project," Ali said, typing onto the computer.
"But that's boring!!" Harriet said,"You need to have fun on a weekend!!"
"Yes, but we have to get it done," Quentin said to his sister.
"But isn't it due for like six more weeks??" Harriet asked.
"Yes, but if it hasn't been done now, it will never be done," Quentin said.
"How much have you done??" Harriet asked.
"We have lots of facts, I've been reading these books and Ali has started to name a booklet about reproduction and a booklet about the digestive system," Quentin said.
"Well..... Why don't you take a break??" Harriet asked.
"Well..... We still have lots of work to do," Ali said, printing her facts out.
"Well..... I'll take it for a bit.... Go and have a break!!" Harriet said.
"Are you sure??" Quentin asked, unsure.
"Yeah!!" Harriet said,"This will be as easy as cake!! Speaking of cake, Have you seen Harvey today??"
Quentin and Ali stared at her. What she had said, didn't make any sense.
"No," Quentin said,"He wasn't in our bedroom when I woke up."
"I haven't seen him," Ali said, as her work printed out,"And I woke up early today."
"I was wondering why you wasn't there," Harriet said.
Ali put her work in her notebook and logged off the computer.
"I'll start the booklet this afternoon," Ali said,"Are you coming??"
"Quentin nodded,"I'm getting tired of reading now."
"Okay," Ali said, helping him get his things.
"Don't do any work,"Quentin said to Harriet," I think we should wait for a bit."
"Oh yeah," Harriet said, following them,"You sure??"
"Yes. You don't need to do anything," Quentin said, and walked out of the library.
Harriet smiled, but walked to where the books were. She opened the book and started to read it....
***
"Ali!!" Harvey said, as they hugged.
"How was the science project??" He asked.
"Good, I guess," Ali said,"I have the perfect area where we can paint!! Follow me!!"
She ran through the school grounds, to a big open field with beautiful trees.
"I come here all the time, especially when I started this school," Ali said,"I thought maybe we could Start painting these trees for an hour or two before I go back and do my topic.
"Yeah sure," Harvey said,"It looks beautiful."
***
"Evie, have you seen my spell book??" Mal asked her best friend.
They were in Mal and Evies room. Mal had been looking for her spell book, as she needed to use a spell.
Evie shook her head,"Nope. I haven't seen it for a while now. Like months."
"But I'm sure I had it with me a few days ago when we went to the isle," Mal sighed, looking through her bag.
"Maybe you left it there??" Evie asked.
"Evie. I know better than to leave my book with some villains," Mal said, smiling slightly.
"Okay, I meant lost it," Evie said.
Mal shook her head.
"Anyway. There's no magic on the isle. Even if you lost it there, they couldn't do anything with it," Evie said, trying to reassure her friend.
"Mmmmm. It's not in my bag, or wardrobe, or art kit or under my bed," Mal told Evie,"Are you sure you didn't take it??"
Evie nodded,"I'm positive."
"Maybe Carlos and Jay did it for fun," Mal said,"Come on."
She stood up and walked to the door.
"Where are you going??" Evie asked.
"I'm seeing if they have it," Mal said,"You coming??"
Evie nodded and walked with Mal....