Chapter IX : The Showdown

Glaze

We kept glaring at each other as we started roaming around the forest. The others already run off to implement our plans. Me and the monster here, I mean Queen, were appointed to take down as much monsters as we can and assassinate the enemy team. One pair from our team will be just near us guarding around for enemies. The others went on to scout the place and kill the monsters around. We were protected by the other pairs on our team.

Flashback : The Meeting

"Okay since we have Queen on our side and her partner is Glaze. We don't know yet your full capabilities but then we saw you have that one on one combat with the queen so. . you two will be the tank and our weapons. Adrian and Zoe will be near the two of you as a guard. Third will be Aesha and Aesha who will hunt down nearby monsters. Me and the others will spread out hunting other monsters." Erick said a fourth year student and tactician.

"The two of you will go straight ahead to assassinate the enemy so it will decrease the number of monsters they can kill. They might also use the same tactic, however having Queen here is our advantage and with these two. . " pointing at Aesha and Ayesha. "We have the highest percentage." Nica, Erick's partner stated.

"But they also have the Monster Twin Duo (Tan and Williams) and the Ninja Assassin Rika. They are the best players in Dungeon Hunting Game." A guy added.

"That's why we have these four to be our ultimate weapon. We still have our chance as long as we can eliminate the enemy. The winner will be determined by the number of kills made by the whole team as score. But the credits given will be counted on how many monsters were killed by pair and individually. So you have to kill as much as you can, while these two hunts the enemy players." Erick who is assigned as team leader said and everyone nodded.

"How can we be si sure that Glaze can pull it off?" Another guy asked and everyone looked at me. I just shrugged with a face saying 'what?'

"I don't think that she's a weak one. We can trust her with this. She maybe a transferee but that doesn't mean we can judge her easily. We'll know it when we finish. So if you don't want your asses be kicked! Then let's trust one another. Beside Queen's also with her." I flinched as Erick said that.

End of Flashback

Aish! I hate being partnered to this Monster. I still can't forget that she beat me twice.— Then an idea came to me as I smirked then side glance at her as we are running. Evane furrowed her brows. Yeah I like Evane more than Queen it sounded like I am being a second rate when I'm calling her Queen. I run past her as we met our first monster encounter and started killing it. Evane seemed to have sensed the competition between us.

I held my arnis wooden weapons stuck it on the monsters mouth. —Urgh! This is hideous, and it looks so real!— I twisted the weapon in my right hand and the cloth that was covering the handle until almost halfway of it started screeching as it was being torn apart.

I pulled my weapon and a blade came out leaving the sheath on the monster's throat. —Well this is interesting. That is why it's heavier than usual.— The monster disappeared as soon as I removed it and the wooden sheath dropped but I continued on attacking. The weapon I am holding in my left hand also revealed a sword.

Evane

I saw the smirk on her face and suddenly run in front of me and started swinging her wooden sword. I got the idea that she tries to kill every monster on the way not leaving a single one.