Chapter 1: The End Begins

I threw a kick at one of the dummies and succeeded in knocking its head off. My chest moved up and down repeatedly. Multiple breaths escaped my lips. "Good; Good now again," Sensei ordered. My small body continued to kick and punch each dummy. "You are getting stronger. Good" Sensei said calmly.

Suddenly, the doors to my home slid open. I look over only to see... "Mom!" I yell happily as I run to her. She wraps her arms around me and said, "My Little Lijuan how is your day?" I yawn in response. Mom looks up at my teacher, "How is her training?" she asks her. "Wonderful my Lady," Sensei replies. Mom just nodded her head and looks back down at me. "Come with me," she says as she stands up with my hand in hers.

She leads me into the throne room. Father stands in front of his chair with his gold cutlass on his hip. Mom has a staff that isn't in the hand that is holding mine. At the top of Mom's staff was a pink orb. At the base of the handle on dad's cutlass was an orb similar to Mom's but blue. I didn't know why they had these. I tried to ask what they were for, but they wouldn't say anything other than I would know when I was older.

Father looks in our direction and smiles. He steps down and heads over to mom and I. He then kisses my mom and I look away in disgust. After a moment I hear my mom giggle. Then, a hand is placed on my head I look up to see my father. He smiles and picks me up. "Daddy please put me down?" I ask. He laughs a little and puts me on his shoulders. I pout a bit and ask him to put me down. "Nope." he laughs. Finally, I just give up.

Right away, one of the house servants makes their way toward us. Mom steps down to them and they begin to whisper to her. I watch as Mom's face warps into one of worry. Mom calls to another servant, "Take my daughter to her room, and don't let her out until I tell you." She nods her head. The Servant comes up and father hands me to her. She then proceeds to walk me down to my room.

It was now silent as the servant carried me. Upon arrival, I went to my drawer and pull out paper and something to draw with. I sit at my desk and began to draw. It seems like years before the silence was broken by the loud sound of an alarm. The Servant's name was Anna. "Miss Lijuan we must leave now," she said with a panicked voice. "Why?" I asked. "It's no longer safe here," she answered me. I got up leaving the picture behind. Anna locks my door and we head out a trap door. We then make our way through the tunnels and out into the cold night air. "Sorry Miss I can't continue with you but we will meet again someday," Anna said as she hands me a bag and basket. Looking into the basket to see food. Then, I look into the bag to see clothes and a few of my sketchbooks and pencils. "Don't forget you must fulfill your destiny," she said as she finally closes the path into the tunnels. I knew it all too well.

I shiver at the cold as the snow began to fall. Puffs of steam left my nostrils. I then begin my journey toward my destination yet I did not know what it was. I traveled for days on end only stopping to rest and refuel my energy. One night I woke up and had become an adult. It was odd getting used to my new body but soon I got the hang of it. I was then off toward my destiny once more. I honestly didn't want to do this but I knew I had to. I just wondered what happened to Mother and Father. At last, I made it to Ninjago City.

Suddenly, gray clouds start swirling above my head and I am surrounded by stone warriors. I quickly get into a fighting stance. One strikes first and I dodge letting him hit one of his comrades and knocking him to the ground. I jump up and spin in the air my legs are spread as I spin, I hit the warriors surrounding me in the head knocking each of them to the ground unconscious. I run before more surround me. I run until I see a dragon on top of a tower. A four-headed dragon flew around the tower with an old man and others on it's back. I look to the tower grounds when I notice people. As I got closer I see five ninjas. One of red, one of blue, one of black, one of white, and one of green. They are surrounded by stone warriors. The ninja in green had bandages around his foot. I watched in awe as they climb the tower stares around and round losing one after another until all that remained was The Green Ninja.

Right away, I make a sprint for it. Then my mother's words pass through my head, "It's not time." I stopped and realized I was out of breath. I then fell to my knees as I watched The battle unfold in front of me. I felt a sudden connection to the one in green who now was gold. I watched as he defeated the large dragon. I get up and make my way toward him again. As I ran, the sky began to fill with light once again. When I arrived at the sight I saw the Golden one wasn't there. Finally, I hang my head in defeat.

Some time passes by and I still don't see the Golden One. I passed by a few people only to hear that the Golden One had become The Green One again. A few days later I watch as a spider-like man with gold armor strings a web of gold above me. I watch as the White One uses his strength to stop the spider-like man. I hid behind a building.

Months later I find a fortune cookie in my basket. I open it to find a message, "Master Chen has personally Invited you to participate in his Tournament Of Elements. Secrecy is of utmost importance. Tell no one or suffer the consequences. Meet at the peer at midnight and leave your weapons behind." then it burst into smoke.