Chapter 3: Where The Heart Leads

As I lay out on the deck of The Bounty stars speed past me. I felt my eyelids get heavy but before I closed my eyes, Lloyd came into view. "Hey there you are," he whispered/giggled. "Hey," I said in a quiet voice. He helps me to my feet.

The ship suddenly starts to rock. I grab onto Lloyd for support. Kai and the others make their way outside. Then, the clouds turn a dark gray; they almost looked to be black roll across the sky. The sound of Thunder can be heard. With each flash of thunder, I jumped and tightened my grip on Lloyd. Lightning struck a spot away from the ship. The sound of it made me squeak.

Lightning flashes once again and smoke forms in front of The Bounty. The smoke soon cleared revealing some kind of snake women. her scales were purple and her skin was a lighter shade of purple. Her hair was short and made of smoke. She looked around the ship till her black eyes met mine. "There you are. Now die." she smiles and flies towards me.

Lloyd jumps in front of me and uses his powers to protect both of us. He stayed quiet as a green energy dragon formed behind him. It seemed to be not completed. Lloyd held a strong stance and the snake woman backed away. Before we knew it she charged forward. Without thinking I grabbed Lloyd's hand and suddenly the green energy dragon became gold and was complete. 

Before anything else happened I have torn away from him and thrown underwater where I was drawing. The water was as this as cement. It seemed to be hardening around me. Then something grabbed my ankle pulling me deeper and deeper into the depths of this thick water.

~~~~~~~

I shoot up out of bed and fall onto the hardwood floors beneath me. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I stood up and yawned. Looking towards the window, the sun was just peeking over the water. Worm colors gently danced on the morning green water. I stretch out my limbs, and leave my room but not before dressing myself for the day. Finally, I tiptoe quietly down the hall but not before bumping into none other than Sensei Wu.

"Good morning Lijuan." he greeted me. "Morning Sensei." I greet him back. He then walks past me. Probably to wake the others. I normally wake up with them but not this morning. I make my way up to the bridge. "You are up early." I hear a voice. "So are you Mr. Green Ninja" I reply. Lloyd makes his way out of the shadows.

The ground below us suddenly tilted sending us sliding toward a wall. Lloyd hit it first then me. I rubbed the back of my head. I then pulled my hand away and saw some blood droplets on it. "You ok?" I hear him ask. "Yes, I'm fine," I reply. Finally, it tilted back.

If you're wondering what my relationship with Lloyd is well we're just friends nothing more. Nya comes running in, "We kinda hit a large tree sorry." she said as she headed for the control panel. Both Lloyd and I head outside only to see a large mountain with an equally large tree next to it. The deck of the ship was damaged a little due to hitting the tree. Ya know I had gotten the chance to meet Sensei Garmadon. I even met Marrow when he posed Lloyd. Jay and Nya don't know it but I do remember the Jen.

Nya moves the Bounty away from the Tree and mountain. Kai and Jay bring out some training equipment. After a few hours of watching non-stop training. I stood up and headed to the kitchen. I grab a few sodas and bring them out. The ninja stop and each take one. I then hand one to Nya who hasn't noticed. "Thanks," she said. I just smile. I take the last one and open it. I then sit and the others follow. Wu sits beside us sipping on his tea.

"Sensei where is it that we're going," Zane asks. "The First Temple of Heart," he says. "The first?" I ask spitting up some of my soda. I thought my home was the only one. "Yes, the first. It is said that the last Goddess of Heart who lived there had a black heart. So her daughter who was next in line decided to build a new temple far away from the first." He explained. Mother and father never told me about this. "Why is this place our destination," Zane asked. "It is said that within the walls of the First. There we will find the first half of the Staff of Heart. Also, find a great evil that wishes to destroy all of Heart in Ninjago." he finished. I never heard this part from my parents. The story I was told was, "The one who is pure and excepting shall be the true goddess of Heart. By her side will be the one in green."

"But before we go to the Temple we must find the cave of truth. We have to find the Heir of Heart first." Sensei said. I gulped, I knew who it was already. My secret won't be secret much longer. Ya know I never wanted this destiny. I wanted to make my own but fate had other plans. I take a sip of my soda. Then take a deep breath. Wu stands up and looks over the side of the ship. I followed him. In the distance, I saw a pillar built into the side of a mountain. "It seems we are already here," Wu said. My time as me is about to be done.