Chapter 8: Confession

My eyes flutter open at the sound of Lloyd's voice. "Lijuan; wake up," he says. "W... What happened?" I ask. I slowly sat up using my right hand to help. "We fell from the bounty when that weird smoke lady struck the ship," he answered my question. Lloyd helps me off the ground. 

Right away, I get a look around me. We were surrounded by dark and scary woods. Dark pine trees towered above us and old pine needles lay beneath us. The smell of pine was extremely potent. There was an abandoned tree stump to the right of us and a tree sapling to the left. Pinecones litter the ground around us. Something about this forest seemed familiar. I look up to see no sign of the bounty. "All right time to get moving," I say. "Why?" Lloyd asks. I walk over to a tree and pick up a rock. I scratch a half-heart into the tree. "Luna is less likely to find us. We'll have more time to prepare. I don't want you to get hypnotized again." I say. "What if we cover our eyes?" he asks. "Not going to work. She doesn't hypnotize like others." I answer him. "Then how do you defeat her?" He asks. "Do you remember how I broke the hypnosis on you?" I ask him. "No, in fact, I don't remember the past few days." He replied.

Suddenly, I blushed at the thought of how I saved him. "So how did you break the hypnosis?" He asked. "I.. Um..." I hesitated. "You what?" He asked. I stayed silent for a moment and then said quickly, "I kissed you."

Right away, Lloyd's face twisted into one of shock. "You kissed me. Was that really the only way to break it." His voice filled with shock. "I had to. Only a true love's kiss can break it." I stated while twiddling my thumbs. "Wait how did you even know that? I didn't even know." He said. "You do know how I'm the Element of Heart right?" I ask. He just nods his head yes. "Well, it's my job to know these kinda things for everyone. We're connected by a red string of fate." I finish. His mouth lay a gap.

He sat like that and then asked, "So do you like me like that?" I had a feeling my face got even redder when I said, "Yes." I then turned my face away.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on mine and then another on my cheek. I looked to Lloyd. He looked into my eyes and said, "I'm relieved you feel the same." He said with a blush. A cold wind rushes through the air. A chill runs throughout my body. I leaned into Lloyd for warmth. He stiffened up for a second and then relaxed when he warped me in his arms.

After a few moments, we begin walking through the forest hand in hand and also marking trees as we went. Soon, it started to get dark. So we set up camp which was only fire. Night finally fell and I sat down and leaned advanced a tree. After a moment of sitting there, I felt a presence next to me. I look to see Lloyd. He smiles down at me causing me to blush. After a while of sitting there, we both drifted off into wonderful slumber.

The next day, my eyes opened to a gray morning sky. I slowly stood up and made my way now to the empty fire pit. I stretch my arms. I then remembered the events of yesterday. I looked to where I had been sleeping before and saw Lloyd. His eyes were still shut, his chest rising and falling.

I made my way into the forest in search of food. After, a while I found enough food for us. The moment I return I am greeted by a smiling Lloyd. We begin to prep some food for breakfast. As we did so something was lurking in the shadows.