Chapter 4: The Cave of Truth

I watch as the ship's anchor is lowered to the ground. Kai, Zane, Cole, Jay, Lloyd, and I get off the ship. Once my feet hit the ground some sort of pink energy starts to flow through the canals. It seems to have a mist about it. There was a single totem pole that had the face of every Goddess to this day, even my mother. The black abyss which was the cave had the pink energy around the opening in a small yet seeable line as if there was a seal there.

We make our way into the cave only to see pitch-black darkness. Then Kai lit some torches and there was light. We begin our descent into the long cavern filled with stalagmites. Through them was a path that we took. We finally make it to the back of the cave. There was a large stone wall. Lloyd goes near it and half of the cavern walls light up in green letters. The other side is still blank. Zane reads it but it only reveals what has happened so far. I thought the cave of truth was only supposed to read my destiny. I then say aloud without thinking, "By her side will be the one in green." The ninja looks at me in confusion.

Suddenly, my eyes meet Lloyd's, and something inside me at that moment made me say it. "I finally see now. I finally accept it." I whisper to myself. I then make my way to the blank side of the wall and it now lights up with pink letters. On both sides of the walls, there are handles one pink and one green. I place my hand on the pink one and say, "I can't do this alone." Lloyd nods his head and grabs the green handle and we turn them at the same time. the stone wall splits down the middle with little bits of rock and dust falling from that crack. Once the doors are fully open they revealed another part of the cave. I know now I'm not alone.

We head past the stone doors and as we walk in, holograms of both my past and Lloyd's pop up as we walked along a gravel path. I watch as my parents play ring around the rosy with me. Then I come upon the memory of when I had to go away from my home as a little girl. The next one was of me growing up quickly within a night. On Lloyd's side, there was a similar one. Instead, there was this giant monster with green goo dripping from its mouth. I cringed a bit. When The Tournament Of Elements showed up the holograms converged into one. Why hadn't I seen it all those months ago? Finally, the holograms stopped when we were at the end of the path.

"Hey guys come look at this." we hear Kai's voice. We all turn around to see him near a wall. His torch lit up the writing. "Welcome to those who have entered this place. This place will reveal the truth. There is also a great weapon buried here waiting for her. Remember only she and her Soul Mate can withstand its power." I read aloud to the others. "A great Weapon?" Zane asked. Suddenly, everything went black.

~~~

Snow gently falls to the icy ground. I hold my scarf over my now reddish-pink nose. Some of the vapor from my breath can be seen coming from the top of my scarf. There was a snow-covered tree in front of me. I took a few steps towards it with my bare feet leaving tracks in the snow in my wake. Once I was at the tree I set my hand on its rough bark.

Suddenly, I hear a voice, "My Little Lijuan oh how you have grown." That voice was all too familiar. I turn around to see my mother her long brown hair blowing in the wind. "Mother?" I asked surprised. "Yes, my child it is me. I must hurry," she said as she hugged me. "There is a great evil. I had thought it to be me but I was wrong." she paused for a moment. "Lijuan my child look." mother moved to the side. An image appeared on the wall.

It showed my father and the women who had smoke for hair. "Your father believes that she is me at this very moment. She wishes to be a goddess again." Mother explained. "I'm guessing to rule the world?" I asked. My Mother nodded her head and continued, "Now my child it is up to you to save your Father and all the Love in Ninjago. Without it Everything will crumble." with that, she vanished along with the image.

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist. I then felt kisses run up and down my neck causing me to shiver. "Lijuan~" I hear a male's voice who I recognized to be Lloyd. I felt my cheeks warm in the cold air. "Lloyd what are you..." I was interrupted by lips on mine. I melted into the kiss. Then is when I realized that Lloyd and I should be more than just friends.

~~~

My eyes flicked open to the dimly lit cavern. I sit up and look around only to see the others out cold. I lit another torch and waited for the others. The second to wake was Lloyd. He opened his eyes only to see me. I watched as his cheeks turned dark red. The next one was Zane, Kai, Jay, and at last Cole.