Chapter 9: Lost

It felt so real, telling him how I felt but it was just a dream. I had woken up in the forest. I remembered falling off the ship. I looked around but no sign of Lloyd or the ship. I lifted myself up off the ground. After, gaining my balance I looked to the sky. 

The clouds seemed to form a heart. I let out a long sigh. Then I whisper under my breath, "Mom." Tears began falling down my cheeks. I really missed her, at least I still have my father I just have to free him. Too soon, I'm surrounded by purple smoke. "Well; Well; well look who is still alive," her voice low and smooth voice speaks just as a face forms in the smoke. 

"Why are you doing this?" I question her. 

She laughs and the smoke dissipates and she vanishes.

~~~~

It has been 2 years since then. I have not been able to find the ninja or Luna. It took me 9 months to get out of that forest. My clothing had been worn down. I eventually made it back to Ninjago City. There I met a woman by the name Mistaké when I stumbled into her store 1 week into my current travels. I then fall to my knees. "Welcome, Lijuan." She lends me a hand and helps me to my feet. Before I am able to speak she states "I know many things. You look like your mother." 

"Who are you?" I ask taking breaths in between a few words. 

She introduced herself to me as, an old friend of my father's. She had witnessed my mother and my father's first meeting. She allowed me to stay until I was well enough. I was there for a week. After I recovered I assisted her around her Tea Shop. As I was leaving on my final day. Five fromiler faces passed by me I turned around and watched them enter the shop. After that, I couldn't find them for the remainder of the 2 years. It seems my luck run out. 

I lean back in my booth and take a sip of coffee. I watch as person after person passes by. The bell on the glass door rings and two people somewhat glide in. I recognized them as Jay and Nya. I watch as they sat at one of the vacant tables not far from me. After a while I hear, "Hey Jay do you ever feel like there is a big gap in your memory? You try and remember but you just can't seem to breach the gap?" He puts his hand up to his chin, "Ya I feel like I'm missing a bit of time." I take a sip of my coffee. Boy, do those two put off a really strong love ora. "I feel like someone who constantly wore pink. Yet I can't think who." Nya says. "like Zane when Lloyd washed his clothes with Kays?" 

"Ya, that's it. I wonder if our memories got wiped let's ask the others... After our date." Nya said as Jay Lined in a bit.

After a while, their words sunk in. What if that's me? I swallowed my spit hard. Is that why I couldn't find them? I stand up and step over to them and say a simple, "Hi there." Nya looks at me and asks nicely, "Do I know you?" "I gulp hard again and say no. You see I'm new in town and thought I'd try to make a friend. Ya know." I say nervously. "Well I'm Nya and this is Jay." She introduces herself. I take a deep breath and say, "I'm Lijuan nice to meet you." She nods her head.

Hours later I am on the bounty. They did do a good job of rebuilding her. Nya Reintroduced me to everyone. None of them seemed to remember me except Sensei Wu. "It's good to see you again Lijuan." Lloyd steps up and asks, "You know her Sensei?" Wu turns around and asks, "Don't you know her?" "No we just met today," he replies. "Yet you have known her longer," he says stroking his glorious beard. Kai says, "I don't have any memories of her." Lloyd, Jay, and Nya said the same. "I know her she is Lijuan the one who joined us after the Tournament of Elements. Lloyd was the one who let her join our team." He then turns to me and asks, "Where have you been? I remember you were sliding off the Bounty. But once you where you fell off the ship the bounty became stable. I looked for you and the others didn't help. I wondered about that." My eyes met Lloyds causing heat to rush to my face. Lloyd had a faint blush dusted his cheeks. It seemed like years before she was snapped out of her trance. "I have been searching for all of you," I finally answered.

~~~~

They all started asking me about their missing memories. After they technically interrogated me for hours on end I finally told them to stop. "Alight that's enough. I feel as if I'm about to pass out right here and now." I say in a groggy tone. They Lead me to an extra room. I then had flicked on the light. The room was bare except for a single queen bed on a wooden frame, a simple wooden dresser stood on the side and a simple wooden wardrobe stood opposite to the dresser. 

Throughout my travels, I have always had my sketchbook. I had it on me when I fell from the bounty. I now stood in the doorway. They told me good night and left. Lloyd seemed to stay. I carried my sketchbook in a small backpack. It was a soft shade of pink with golden edges. I had recently gotten myself some pencils, an eraser, and a sharpener. I had yet to use them. I make my way over to the bed. At last, I set my bag on the foot of the bed. I then sit down and looks back to the door. Lloyd was now leaning on the door frame with his right arm. His right hand was set behind his head as he looks at me. He then asks me, "So what were we?" I look at him with a confused look, "What do you mean?" He just stood there for a short moment before turning his head away and quickly saying, "N..Nevermind." He removes himself from the door frame, backs up, and closes the door somewhat hard. I got up from the bed and walked to the door. Then I look back at my bag. My scratch book wasn't used all that often anymore. I only had a few pages left. So I pulled out my sketchbook, pencils, and sharpener. Even though I was super tired I refused to sleep till I drew what was on my mind. What I drew was him earlier in the doorway. When I was finished I finally packed all my art supplies back up. I then flicked off the light switch and plopped onto the bed. The bed was surprisingly comfy. I felt my eyelids slowly close and soon I was off to dreamland.