Chapter 2: Tournament of Elements

By Midnight I was at the docks. I was surrounded by others. For a moment I stood there looking at the water enjoying its beauty. When Suddenly, "I told you we shouldn't have worn them." someone said. I turned around to see Red, Blue, Black, and Green ninja. There he was again but this time I noticed blond hair on the one wearing the green. The Red Ninja pulled off his hood as did the black and blue ninja. I saw two heads of brown hair and one of black. "Do you think they all have powers like us?" the one in red asked. "When I asked my dad about it he got really suspicious. Like there is something he's keeping from me." The one in green replied. "The fortune cookie said to tell no one or there'll be consequences." The one in black said. "Relax we're cool." the one in green smiled.

Suddenly, the sound of a boat coming near caught my attention. I watched as the boat pulled up and a board was laid out. A man with a ponytail walks across the board. He begins letting people on the boat. When I approach he looks me up and down and lets me pass. Once I'm on the boat I hear, "A master Spinjitzu should favor comfortably in his tournament." I hear a smooth voice. "Spinjitzu?" I thought. Not a moment later I hear, "Lloyd wait. If you get on that boat you may never return." I hear an older man's voice. I listened to their conversation. Moments after the conversion I hear a splash and, "I stand corrected there's room now."

Later, I bumped into the Ninja wearing Green. "Sorry about that," he says. "Oh, it's alright. It was my fault. I wasn't paying attention." I reply. Then I get a good look into his eyes. Now I see what mother meant. "I.. I'm L.. Lloyd. What's your name?" he introduces and asks me "I'm Lijuan. Nice to meet you." I bow a bit. His eyes once again meet mine and I can't look away. "Lloyd come on." We both looked up to see the Ninja in Red.

After a while dawn begins peeking over the water. In the distance, I saw an island. As we got closer the sun continued to rise. Once the boat was at the docs it stopped. We all made our way off the boat. Later all of us sat around a carpet with a serpent depicted on it. Music started to play and a man in a chair came down from the ceiling. We all stood for a moment. Then we finally sat. The man who came from the ceiling stood up and started listing off of the people around me. "What do we have here? Never before seen the Master of Heart," he smirked when his eyes came to me. After Chen told us the rules Women with makeup and nice clothing came out. I heard they're called Kabuki. 

One grabbed my arm and showed me to my room. When I opened the door there was a plush bed along with other kinds of furnishings. Each one had a pleasant shade of pink. I spotted a desk in the room. I sat down and pulled out my sketchbook. I then began to draw. I drew what came to mind. Before I knew it a sketch of Lloyd was now on the page as big as it can be.

When I heard his voice over the intercom I immediately found one and hid it on my person. I returned the jade blade and stayed in the tournament. I waited in that room. It wasn't that bad I was standing next to Lloyd. I gave him a few glances here and there. At last, his eyes met mine and he smiled. I felt my cheeks get warmer and warmer I also watched as he turned a shade of pink.

I sat alone at Lunch. I ended up listening in on the ninja's conversation. "Zane?" I say quietly to myself. After dinner, I went back up to my room. I looked around in the drawers and found a new nightgown. It was short and went to my knees. The nightgown was a soft shade of pink. After I put it on I headed out to the balcony. I sat and watch the sky for a bit. Then out of nowhere Lloyd hops down. "Lloyd?" I questioned. He turned around and put a finger to my lips. He then leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Tell no one." his voice was low. He then hopped down off the balcony.

Later, that same night a knock was heard at my window. I pulled open the curtains to see Lloyd for the second time that night on my balcony. "May I come in?" he asked. "Sure," I replied as I let him in. He sits in one of the chairs. "Nice room," he states. "Thanks. What brings you here?" I reply. "I have to tell you something," he says. "Would you like some tea?" I ask. He just nods his head. I get up and grab the teapot. I begin to pour the liquid into cups. "Do you want to know the real reason why Chen has us here?" he asked. I replied with a simple, "Yes." Once the cups are full I set the pot down and pick up the cups. Lloyd continues, "Well we found a secret passageway down into some sort of tunnel system." I hand Lloyd a cup and he takes a sip. "We followed some of the tunnels and stumbled upon a ceremony." he passes and I sip my tea, "He plans to take all our elemental powers." I almost spit up my tea. "Why would he want our powers?" I quickly ask. He sighs, "I don't know."

Right away, Lloyd spots my sketchbook on the desk. I was looking down at the floor when I heard, "Did you draw this?" I looked up only to see Lloyd looking at my sketchbook. The picture I had drawn of him was front and center. "Y.. Yes." I quickly stutter out. I knew my cheeks were now as red as a tomato. "It's really good." he compliments it. "Really?" I ask him. "Ya I wish I could draw like this." he smiles at me. My lips curl up into a smile as well.