Chapter 5: Something Round

"What just happened?" Kai asked aloud his voice bouncing off the cavern walls. "I have no clue," Lloyd replies. I looked around the cavern to see that moonlight was showing through an opening in the ceiling. In the center of the Cavern was a fountain. The fountain was half the size of the cavern height-wise. It was a three-layer fountain with pink liquid spouted out the top. The liquid flowed like water. The liquid sparkled with gold and seemed to have an entrancing glow. I walked past the fountain to see some sort of keep. Looking closely I saw something breathing. I got closer to see light pink scales. They seemed almost white. A head pops out and jade eyes meet mine. My eyes widened and I said, "Ruby?"

She looks in my direction and gets up out of her spot. She makes her way toward me and nuzzles her nose against me almost knocking me over. I gigged and pet her head happily. The ninja looked on in awe. Ruby looks up at them and growls getting into a protective stance. "Ruby they're with me," I say. Ruby relaxes and lays down beside me. Lloyd makes his way over to me. Ruby watches him as her eyes analyze his every move. When he reaches me and he asks, "Why is he staring at me like that?" I giggle and reply, "She is a little overprotective of me. After all, I have had her since she was just an egg."

Suddenly, Ruby gets up and sniffs Lloyd. He looked a bit terrified until Ruby nuzzled him knocking him to the ground. Then, I burst out laughing snorting like a pig a little. The other ninja joined in. I make my way over to Lloyd still giggling and helped him up. He was clearly pouting a little. Ruby chuckled as well.

Just then, a twinkle caught my eye. I looked over to see a pinkish-white orb. I recognized it; like the one that had stood atop my mother's staff. I make my way over to it. Then, with a hand, I gently pick it up. The next thing I knew I saw a reflection of Mother, Father, and I. The orb showed my father holding me while my mother spoke to a servant. The servant was saying something causing my mother to turn around and look at my father and I. The orb fades the image out and fades into another.

Right away, I spot a woman with purplish smoke-like hair. She was looking down at my mother with a clear disgusted look on her face. She seemed to be saying something but couldn't make it out After she finished she drove a sword through my mother's heart. My eyes widened in horror. Tears began to form and soon began to cascade down my cheeks. Finally, fell to my knees.

Suddenly, I hear a roar but this one was merely a whisper. I open my tear-filled eyes to see Ruby's pink scales. I hug Ruby's nose all the while setting the orb down gently. I didn't realize it but the orb hand began to roll. On its way, it hit a few bumps but soon made it to its destination. He bent down and picked it up from its temporary place at his feet. In his hands, it began to turn green. He watched as a figure of a man appeared but soon was consumed by a purple cloud. Then the whole orb turned purple and he dropped it. the orb though was caught by Kai.

I hold myself tighter to Ruby. After a moment of sobbing my vision finally clears. I didn't see it before but the symbols for fire, ice, lightning, and earth lay on the floor. I let go of Ruby and get a better look at my environment. Pictures had been painted on the walls. There was a girl and a boy who stood in the center of the cave something seemed to surround them. Behind them was the ninja excluding Lloyd.

Right away, I hear Kai's voice, "Come look at this!" I look away and stand up. I made my way over to where he was. I watch as he wipes away the dust on the ground revealing his symbol. Then it hit me the image on the wall. I make my way to the fountain and wipe the dust from the floor revealing Lloyd's symbol. I wipe the dust away from the other side to see a very faded circle. There was something inside it but I couldn't make it out. 

I get up and look back to the ninja only to see them standing in place. "Uh, why can't I move?" Jay asks. The others try to move but they are also stuck. Lloyd makes his way over to my position and stands on his symbol. He too was stuck now.

Suddenly, a whitish-pink fog begins to form on the surface of the floor. A light then shines from below the ninja in their colors. I watch as the circle in front of me glows pink. Then, is when I see the symbol of my family which is a half-heart surrounded by some sort of snake-like creature. I finally, caught a glimpse of the orb and my future. I stand up and step onto the symbol. 

Suddenly, I'm blinded by light. I cover my eyes with my hand. After a few moments, the light subsides and I put my hand back down. Then is when I saw the ninja in new ninja suits lined with green and gold but mostly their respective colors. I looked over to Lloyd to see him in the same type of suit but with just green and gold. I looked down to see myself in a ninja suit similar to the others but pink and purple. The light that had shown before subsided at last. I finally,  took a few steps off and so did the ninja.