Chapter 1 ~ Pilot

"Ryley," Marissa started shaking me, trying to wake me up. "Ohh Ryley," she booped my nose. I opened my eyes and saw her smiling. Marissa was my little sister. Well, she wasn't my real sister, I was put on their doorstep when I was one years old. They're still the only family I've ever had, and I love them with all my heart.

"Goodmorning," I sat up and gave her a hug. Her blond naturally curled hair glistened in the morning sunlight as the light from outside hit her beautiful face, making her blue eyes sparkle. It was my 18th birthday today.

"Mom and dad, and William are in the kitchen making you your favorite breakfast, but they wanted me to come up here and give you this," she smiled as she handed me a big box, which was kind of heavy. I saw her looking at the box and I knew she wanted to open it with me.

"Come sit by me," I smiled at her and patted the bed right next to me. She crawled up on my silver silky bedsheets. I put the box in the middle of us. "Lets both open it," I looked at her as she now had a huge smile on her face.

"Really?!" She got all excited. "Okay!" We both started to unravel the box. We had gotten the box opened and I pulled out a black bow with over 50 arrows, and a quiver. The bow was absolutely stunning, it took my breath away.

"Wow.." I said amazed.

"Do you like it?" Marissa looked at me with her gleaming bright blue eyes.

"I..I love it," I said excitingly as I hopped out of my comfy bed, grabbing my new bow, pulling the string back as I was aiming at the wall. It felt as if I already knew how to use this, like it was something In my blood, I just knew that it felt right having this in my hands.

(Mom and dad talking downstairs as the girls are talking upstairs: "Are you going to tell her or am I going to have to?" Tiffany said nervously to Rob.

Rob grabbed Tiffany's hands and kissed them. "I will dear. I have the envelope already in my pocket. I'm really going to miss her," he started to have tears in his eyes.

"It's her culture sadly, we've had the best 17 years with her, maybe this won't be the last time we see her.." she wiped Rob's tears away.

"Let's only hope," he gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Go on now, get William from the living room and both of you sit down, I'll fix you both up a plate of food," she smiled then turned towards the cupboards.)

"I hope I get one when I turn 18," Marissa said poutingly as she got off my bed.

"Ryley, Marissa, breakfast is ready, please come downstairs!" My mother yelled. I smelled the air. It smelt like bacon and waffles, my favorite. I put the bow on my bed and Marissa and I started to run down the stairs. Dad and William were already stuffing their faces in with the food.

Marissa sat at the table and started eating as I was getting a plate to grab some food. My dad got up from his chair, "Um no birthday girl, go sit down I'll fix you up a plate," he gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead. I sat down at the table and my dad put the plate down in front of me. "Hurry up and eat because we need to catch up on some things. When you're done eating go upstairs and grab your bow and arrows, and your quiver," he put his hands on my shoulders.

"Sure thing. Is Kayn coming over for my birthday later on?" I asked as I was starting to stuff my face in. He was my best friend, the only person I've only truly connected with. He has always been there for me. The moment we first met I could just tell that he connected with my soul.

"Slow down and don't talk with your mouth open, you might puke," William smirked at me, trying to hold in a laugh. William was 16, had brown eyes and dirty blond hair, stubborn, and witty.