Chapter 2 ~ Bondbrothers

"Let me grab him," Kayn pursued as Hazel let Kayn take him. Since Kayn was a Vampire, he was really strong and fast, and extremely determined. Kayn hurried up and grabbed Asher in his hands, as Asher was still gasping for air.

"This way!" Hazel motioned Kayn to follow her. I followed them as well, scared for Asher's life. He was growing pale, looked as if he was almost dead. Kayn was running with Hazel as Asher's trail of blood was behind them. We finally reached a room where a doctor was in and Kayn layed Asher down on the bed.

"Hang in there big bro!" Hazel was hysterically crying as she was holding Asher's hand. The doctor ripped Asher's shirt in half and saw that there was a hole right under his heart gushing with blood. "Is he going to make it?"

"Get her out of here," the doctor motioned to me. I nodded.

I grabbed Hazel's hand. "Come on, let's take a breather."

"No, I want to stay with my brother, he needs me!" she screamed. Without hesitation Kayn grabbed her and we put her out in the hallway. The doctor locked the door behind us, just to make sure that we wouldn't come in. Hazel was crying and pounded on the door pleading to get back inside. We heard Asher scream in pain.

"Make it stop!" his screams were flooding within the Academy. "Make it stop!" his scream now turned into screeching, as if someone was dragging a fork on a chalkboard over and over again. Next thing we knew, he stopped. It was pure silence for a couple seconds until we heard the door unlock.

The doctor stepped out. "You," he pointed at Kayn. "I need you to come in now."

"Can I come in and see my brother?" Hazel pouted as she was still wiping her tears away from her eyes.

"Not just yet, I need Kayn to save your brother's life. Asher is not strong enough to survive on his own. I'll explain to you girls afterwards," he walked back into the room with Kayn trailing right behind him.

(*Kayn's P.O.V*

"I need you to take a seat on the chair next to Asher and I'll need you to take your shirt off as well," the doctor assured me as he was grabbing what looked to be a tattoo gun. I was confused, what situation has this doctor getting me into? All I could focus on was Asher, the guy whom I'm jealous of, laying on the white sheets that had now turned into the color of sanguine. Asher was in his own bloodbath. I examined everything in the room, it was like I escaped reality for a second.

I haven't fed on anybody in a long time, I've controlled it for years, especially to keep Ryley safe from my cravings. But now, all I could focus on was the guy that I was jealous of, and how much I wanted to feed on him. I was hungry, way to hungry for that matter. My endorphin's were acting crazy. You want him. You need him. Give him a taste of how jealous you can really be. Feed on him.

I smacked myself in the head with my hand, "I can't be serious right now, ignore your thoughts Kayn..just ignore them.." I took a deep breath and did as the doctor ordered. I was now back to reality. I took off my shirt and the doctor put a liquid into the needlepoint of the tattoo gun, it smelled like silver and gold mixed together. It smelled nasty, as if I might just throw up. "Keep your cool together, Kayn, just focus on how much you need to save a life, a life that you don't even care about," I told myself.

The doctor came over to me and pressed the fine-point tattoo gun right on my skin above my heart. I screamed in pain, it was more painful than I imagined. Was I just a wuss? Is this what an actual tattoo felt like? I held in my other screams that were trying to come up from my throat. "Almost done," the doctor assured me as he was pressing a little harder. When he was finally done he hooked a tube up to me, sticking it right into my heart, tears went down my cheek, it hurt like hell. "Just breathe, Kayn," the doctor said as he now went over to Asher to give him the same tattoo.