Chapter 9 ~ Spirit Animal

"Before we leave," Hazel grabbed my arm with excitement as all of us stood outside the front door of the Academy. Kayn, Asher, Hazel, Nathan, my mother, and I were about to leave our Academy to go on our wayward to the other Assassin Academies, that were 1,000 miles away. There were no cars or vehicles allowed to go on the voyage since these Academies were based on old religions and rules. We're only allowed to have our own mounts or walk by foot.

"What is it?" I asked in wonderment looking at her with exciting eyes.

"You have to find your own mount that truly belongs to who you are. Just like my raven!" she smiled as she touched her necklace which made her raven come out.

"What do you think mine will be?" I looked at everyone.

"Who knows, you're unpredictable," Asher huffed out as my mother elbowed him in the side.

Kayn still said nothing to me. I knew he was still mad at what happened between Asher and I; but only if he knew how much I truly really want him.

"Come on, let's go!" Hazel grabbed my hand leading me down a forest path that was around the other side of the Academy.

"Where are we going?" my eyes scrunched as I was taking in all of my surroundings. It seemed like a foreign place. The temperature was getting colder and colder and the sky began to grow a little darker then it already was.

"Almost there," she exhilarated as her voice trailed throughout the air. She kept leading me down a long grass path that had huge rain dew drops floating in the air as everyone else followed behind us. This seemed to be more and more of a magical place.

"Wow," Nathan was surprised from the dew drops. "This is incredible!"

"Indeed it is," my mother pitched in as she reached out to touch the rain drop. She touched it and it popped, filling the area with children laughter, then horrorish children screams. Kayn, Asher, and Nathan jumped back and covered their ears in fright. "What was that about?!" my mother asked as she too  was covering her ears. The rain dew finally stopped screaming after a short second once it dissolved into the air.

"Don't touch the rain drops!" Hazel hurriedly spun around and stopped, looking at each of us. "Every rain dew that you touch makes a child take their last breath in the human world."

"I-I didn't know," my mother had a sadness in her voice. She hated the thought of hurting children.

"Just, whatever you do, do not touch anything here," Hazel replied as she turned around, grabbing my hand again, and began dragging me back along the path. The rain dew's started to come around all of us as we kept walking furthur and furthur.

"Now what?" Kayn had finally spoken out as rain dew's were planting themselves onto him, and only him.

Hazel spun around as she was still walking. "What do you mean now what-" she stood dead in her tracks. "Throughout all of the years that I've been down here..I've never seen that in my life," she spoke astonishingly as each of us stared at Kayn.

"Do I pop them?" he asked as more kept coming on him. They were all on his arms, hands, and the top of his head. "I feel like they're silk running across my body."

"No, do not pop them," my mother had her hands on her hips. "Let me see if I can rub them off of you gently," she stepped towards him.

"No," Hazel yelled just as my mother was about to touch Kayn. "Let Asher do it. They are bonded together so that might work," she nodded to Asher, who certainly was not up do this type of thing. Especially since it was Kayn.

"Alright," he sighed as he caught my pleading eyes staring at him. He was walking towards Kayn and stopped right in front of him. Kayn looked at him angrily but didn't say anything. Asher rolled his eyes as he started to try and take one rain dew off. Asher popped the first one and children laughter started to consume the air, then in came the screams again.