Chapter 11 ~ Such a Decisive Plan

In a matter of seconds we were all back on the road acting like nothing had just happened. Kayn and Nathan were on the back of Hazel's Raven and Asher and my mother were sitting behind me on the back of my Shadowmare. We were thankful to at least now be traveling on a full stomach. Nathan was frightened of himself in the means of all of this. We didn't know what being a "Ripper" meant, but Kayn knew; and it sounded horrid.

Nathan had been exhausted from everything he had done and from everyone that he had just demolished. His head was laying against Hazel's back as he was fast asleep from the exhaustion that lingered inside of him. Did he feel guilt or remorse for what he done? Kayn had decided to stay close to Nathan just in case he'd have to hold him back from going on a killing spree again. We were all worried about him and his new cravings. No one had said anything to each other as we were making our way down through the dark luscious forest.

I saw lots of dim lights out in the distance before us throughout the trees. It had to be the other Academy! Had we finally made it? Would they agree to join us again? Do they already know about our interaction at the Diner? Or would they disagree with everything and kill us all? "Hazel!" I yelled excitedly throughout the night sky. I whistled until she finally heard me. She came gliding down, but still stayed in the air right next to me as she and I were talking. "Is that one of the Academies?" I wondered.

"Yess," she smiled. "We're almost there."

"Who should go inside and propose a truce?" my mother intervened as she lifted her head up slowly, trying to wake herself up.

"I think it'd be best if we just let Kayn and Nathan stick outside since the assassins aren't very fond of Vampires," she replied as she was paying attention ahead of her, so that she wouldn't run into any trees.

"I could stay back with them too. You know, just in case your boyfriend decides to go all wacko and kill everybody again," Asher insisted cockily as he laughed under his breath. Nathan rose his head off of Hazel and glared at him.

"Perfect," Hazel nodded as she ignored Asher's last remark, and began flying higher again in the air. The night began to turn cold as the clouds hid the bright stars in the night. Wind began to pick up, but thankfully we were almost there.

~~~

We approached the Academy's doorstep where two guards at the entrance held perfectly large chiseled sharp-pointed axes across their chest, standing perfectly still without bashing an eyelid. The Academy was gorgeous. It had large sculpted gargoyles on top of the Academies balcony, a large pond flowing down rocks that led into the forest, and trees that glowed red as they swayed back and forth in the wind of the night. The Academy was the color of death itself. Deep matte black that blended deep into the night. Asher, Kayn, and Nathan were already miles back beyond the trees so they couldn't be spotted nor heard by anybody. Hazel and I held hands for comfort as we walked behind my mother, whom was leading the way. She was going to be the one who'd be doing the talking. "Name?" One of the guards asked emotionless as he stared her deep within her eyes. He had long brown hair that was tied back in a bun and had on steel plated armor from his chest down to his toes.

"Ivory Vex," she hesitated, hoping that the guards wouldn't attack her.

"As in...Seifer Vex's wife?" the other guard that had short black wavy hair took a step forward and looked down, staring at her in the eyes.

"Ex wife.." she breathed carefully as she took a tiny step back, so that the guard wouldn't be in her face. The black haired guard turned around and started talking to the other guard for a couple of moments. They nodded as they whispered to each other.

"Follow us," the guards said as they opened the door for us to enter. They were both leading us to god knows where.

"Do you think we can do it?" I leaned my head towards Hazel and whispered.