Chapter 12 ~ Trauma

I awoke in darkness. Darkness that was filled with warmth. Not just any warmth...I awoke in the warmth of Asher. And that wasn't the gist of it all. We were both bare butt naked. There I lay, on top of him.

His body was radiating off heat to fill this cold atmosphere around us. This utterly uncomfortable cold atmosphere. What have I done? What even happened? No. The most important question was..where was Kayn?

How did I even get here? Was I raped or did I make this decision on my own behalf? I don't remember anything since I drank that punch which Jett had given me.

I looked up to find Asher's face peacefully sleeping right in front of me. I was laying on top of him. Shit. How am I supposed to get off of him without waking him up? The first thing I have to do is find Kayn and find out what happened last night.

I took a quiet deep breath and slowly crept off of Asher. He started twitching and moving around once my feet touched the cold dusty floor. I bit my lip as I sat as still as I could on the edge of the bed, hoping that he wouldn't fully wake up. I slowly looked over behind my shoulder seeing that he turned over to the other side of the bed and wrapped his arms around a black laced pillow. Thank god he was still sleeping.

I got up slowly off the bed and started searching for my clothes. I reluctantly found my clothes bunched up on the floor just barely sticking out from underneath the bed. I bent down, grabbed my clothes, and put them on. I walked over to the mirror slowly and quietly as I opened the drawers, hoping to find a ponytail somewhere...only realizing that I saw a huge dark hickey on the left side of my neck.

Well, forget the ponytail! Why would I want to show this off?! I looked over to Asher and glared at him as I cussed silently under my breath. Great, now I must seem like a slut! Kayn's going to kill me and definitely Asher.

I took a deep breath of anger and started walking out of the room, not caring if I was loud or not anymore. I stepped out into the hallway and closed the door behind me. I felt nasty. Gross. I needed to shower desperately.

"Have a rough night?" I heard someone chastise me from around the corner. Out stepped Jett with a sly smile across his white staggering face. He thought this was just a funny joke.

I started walking towards him angrily. "What did you do to me last night," I growled as I was about to slap him across the face. He grabbed my wrist and just smiled, then let me go and turned around and started walking slowly ahead.

"Don't take this personally. I just needed you to be distracted for the night," he looked behind his shoulder at me then looked forward and kept walking the same pace. I followed.

"Why would you do that to me?" I glared at him in front of me. I wanted to rip him apart. I wanted to kill him for what he just possibly ruined between Kayn and I. How could I let this mishap happen? God I'm such a screw-up.

"My brother, that's why," he stepped dead in his tracks and turned to me. "Which reminds me..Kayn should be with him," he winked at me. "If you know what I mean."

"You sick pricks!" I took Jett by the collar of his shirt and rammed him into the wall. I bunched my fist up and went for his face, only to be caught by his hand once more. My anger was getting the best of me. My emotions were going overboard. Breathe Ryley..just breathe..I could feel my wings wanting to shoot out of my back, but I calmed myself just in time.

"Don't temp me Angel-demon thing...whatever you're called..I'm stronger than you," he grinned as he pushed me off of him slightly.

"How do you know what I am?" I questioned, my voice shaken.

He laughed. "I know who everyone is. Kayn. Asher. Nathan. For gods sake, your mother and Hazel are the only normal ones around here! Do all of them know your secret yet? Do they know what you even are? Do you even know what you are?" He gripped my arm and fire flew inside my veins. I screamed in pain as my eyes turned to their blackselves. My back felt like it was ripping into pieces from the emotions that were trying to escape from me. I yanked away from his touch as fast as I could.