Chapter 4 ~ Visions

As we arrived back at the Academy, people stopped what they were doing and stared at Nathan for a couple seconds. Knowing that they were all nervous and scared seeing a warlock in our safe haven, we ignored them and trailed on. I was walking us up the stairs to the headmistress's room, as I was leading them, I realized something. I have only been here for a couple days and it was like my friends saw me as the leader of the group. Was it because I was special? Or was it just because i'm someone that they can count on in their eyes?

I looked back over my shoulder at Nathan, seeing that he was nervous with what might happen to him. We all finally approached Shyla's room, she was sitting on her throne. "Oh good, for a second there I thought you guys weren't coming back," she gave a small mischievous laugh."I'm happy to see that the warlock came and will be cooperating, but I'd be scared if I were him," she stared at him with a dash of craziness in her eyes.

"Headmistress-"

"Save it warlock," she interrupted him and threw her hand in the air motioning for him to stop talking. "There was no serious damage or harm done to me when you knocked me out. So no hard feelings, it's time to move on from that."

Nathan sighed in relief. "Thank you-"

"But," she interrupted him again. "I will have you under questioning to see what else you know. Then, after that; we will move onto doing the locator spell," she looked at one of her guards that was standing by the doorway. "Take the warlock to Simone." Without a word from the guard he walked over to Nathan in a slow manner and pushed him harshly out the door.

"I'm going with him, headmistress," Hazel called out.

"Oh?" Shyla questioned.

"I promised him that he will not be hurt, and knowing Simone, god knows what he'll do to him. I-"

"Enough with the blabber," she interrupted Hazel. "You can go with and manage his safety," she stood up from her throne as Hazel made a little bow and went with Nathan and the guard. "Kayn, I have a mission for you."

"Yes?" he asked standing a little confused.

"I need you to talk to your people and try to form an alliance with my Academy. Can you manage by yourself?"

"I can try. They normally don't like to side with anyone. They prefer to not get into anyone's plans," he stood with his arms crossed.

"Can we be an assistance?" I took a step forward and asked Shyla. "Asher and I can go with him if you'd like," I looked at Asher.

"Who said I wanted to help him?" Asher looked frustrated with me then looked at Shyla.

"No, Kayn can do this on his own. I have a different assignment for you and Ryley," she looked at Asher. Kayn looked at Asher, jealous that he'll be spending more time with me.

"I could actually maybe need some help," Kayn suggested, trying to not let me be alone with Asher.

"No, you'll need to go by yourself, we don't want to make anything suspicious with two assassin's by your side." As I heard those words come out of her mouth, I knew she was right. "You are dismissed Mr. Maverick," Shyla stared at Kayn waiting for him to leave. Kayn sighed under his breath and looked at me with his eyes filled with worry of what might happen between Asher and I, then glared at Asher angrily as he left the room.

"For right now Asher will be teaching you more on training without using weapons," She looked towards me. "And when Simone is done asking Nathan question's on what for sure knows, he'll do a locator spell. Once he does the locator spell you all will go to where Seifer is hiding," she sat back down on her throne. "You two are the best assassin's here, it'll be great to finally see how much damage you two can do together, when the time is right," she breathed as she put a strand of hair behind her ear.