Chapter 10 ~ The Ripper

We heard the screams once more and their pitches kept getting higher and higher by the minute. Kayn let me out of his hands and I began running and jumping over glowing gigantic plants, this forest was humongous. Kayn had my hand in his and was leading me since he could smell the air with his high Vampire senses. "Are we almost to them?!" I pleaded concernedly as we were still running and jumping. I started losing my breath.

"Almost. Run faster!" he yelled to me. I couldn't run faster though, I was getting extremely tired and slow. He rolled his eyes and stopped a minute to pick me back up again. He bolted as fast as lightning as I was catching my breath, hanging onto him like a monkey. Whatever is happening to Asher, Nathan, Hazel, and mom; I hope no one is seriously injured by the time Kayn and I get to where they are. Kayn came to an abrupt stop, almost falling over into a deep black six foot long hole that was in the ground. "Woah!" he yelled to himself, barely leaning back to safety. I got off him and looked at him with wide eyes.

What heard to be Hazel's screams echoed throughout the inside of the black hole. I could hear her screaming something in faint, but couldn't figure out what she was saying. "We need to go down there," I assured him with my hands on my hips.

"We don't even know what is down their, Ry.."

"So what? We just let them possibly die?!"

"What if there's more than one thing down there? Then what? We all die?" he stared at me with his worrisome dreamy eyes.

"I'm not going to stand here knowing that there's a possible chance of saving them," I sat down on the ground, having my legs leaning down the inside of the hole. It had warm air steaming transparently from below.

"Let me go first at least," he insisted as he sat on the ground, opposite side of me. I sighed quietly as a reply, trying to not get lost in my deep thoughts of what might happen to us before we were about to go down. He gave me a nod and slipped down into the hole with an expressionless face.

"Looks like it's my turn.." I thought to myself, taking a deep breath for what might happen to all of us. This adventure quickly turned into one of the best, to possibly one of the worst. I slipped down into the hole, covering my mouth, just in case I would scream into the black unknown abyss. Not knowing if I would land on a hard or soft ground, I was grateful for realizing that Kayn had caught me in his arms. He put his finger to his mouth, telling me to not say a word. It was dim light down here, the walls of this place looked like blue glowing granite, and it smelled foul and dead.

"Please, don't hurt him," I heard Hazel plead. Kayn led me to a wall of granite with a crack in it, letting us being able to barely see what was going on where everyone was at.

"I knew that thing would be trouble when I first saw it.." Kayn whispered as quiet as he could under his breath to me. My eyes got a little wide noticing the beast was that orange-striped wolf that we saw when we reached the forest at the beginning. Except, not in wolf form, he was now a black human with two orange stripes going from his head down to his feet. He had Nathan handcuffed with spikes jabbing just slightly into his wrists to the wall, barely leaving his feet touch the floor as the blood from his wrists started dripping down to the ground. I looked over to Kayn seeing that he started to get uncomfortable at the smell of Nathan's blood lingering in the air.

I looked quickly over to where Hazel, Asher, and my mom was at. Hazel was the only one conscious. Asher's and Ivory's head was hung forward unconscious, with their hands also cuffed with spikes. "Ryley!" Hazel screamed again in effortless hope, not knowing that I was here yet.

I looked at Kayn, waiting on what he wanted to do. Nathan was looking over to Hazel, trying to catch his breath as his face started turning pale. "What do we do.." I whispered to Kayn.