Chapter 13 ~ Oh, baby!

Kayn sprinted across the room as fast as light and shoved Asher into the wall, making the plaster crack all around them. "Kayn, stop!" I pleaded as I started running towards them both.

But he didn't listen to me.

He started bashing Asher's face with his fist as his other hand was gripped onto his throat, leaving Asher standing there without a movement of a muscle, or even a breath to take in for his lungs to properly work. Asher was choking on Kayn's grasp. "I'm sick and tired of you being alive!" Kayn yelled in Asher's face.

I rushed up right behind Kayn, grabbed the back of his shirt, and tried to drag them apart. Only to realize that Kayn was so furious at Asher that he accidentally pushed me into the other wall as well. My head smacked hard into the plaster and I was out like a light.

(*Asher's P.O.V*

Kayn let go of me just as he saw what he had done to Ryley. I was going to kill him for hurting her. "Look what you done!" I screamed at Kayn as I was catching my breath. My words echoed throughout the hallway. Kayn looked at me with an expression on his face as if he just saw a ghost. I could feel his hurt and pain inside my chest where my tattoo was at. We are Bondbrothers for the rest of our lives. If one of us die, the other one will go utterly insane and change into a drastic monster.

"I-I..what have I done.." Kayn breathed heavily as he looked at Ryley. "This was all because of you!" he screamed in my face. He looked at me once more and the next thing I knew, he vanished.

I ran over to Ryley and picked her up in my arms. I didn't feel a pulse. She must have hit her head to hard. I was frightened. Once in my life I was frightened...terrified for that matter. I was so in so much shock that I didn't know what I should do next. "Stay with me, love," I tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. I started running down the hall, looking for anyone that I could find. "Help me! Help me please!" As I started to turn around the corner I almost ran right into Salem.

"What happened?" he looked at me astonished. I had tears dripping down my eyes..I can't believe she isn't breathing. I couldn't speak. I couldn't blurt out an answer to him of what happened. "May I?" he looked at me with purity in his eyes. I knew he wanted to check for her pulse. I nodded, hoping that he could do some sort of magic to fix her. He put his fingers on the artery of her neck. I was waiting for an answer that told me that she was breathing all along.

"Is she-"

"Come. Now. Hurry!" He layed her down on the cold dusty ground without hesitation. "Hold down her arms!" he demanded me. I did as I was told and put all my weight on her arms. Salem's hands lit up like golden sparks.

"What are you going to do?" I questioned quickly.

"I'm going to try and start her heart up again. I just need one beat and then everything should turn out fine," he reassured me and put his hands on her chest. The sparks shot throughout her, making her back arch up and twitch. There still was no sign of a heartbeat or pulse. I could feel sadness running through the tattoo. Kayn must be pretty upset right now..but what kind of coward just runs off?

"Is it working?!" I pressured him for an answer.

"No..I'm sorry.."

"Sorry isn't good enough!" I yelled and grabbed Salem up by the collar of his shirt and pushed him into the wall. "Fix her!" I shouted.

"Calm down wolf!" he screamed at me. "I'm on your side! Plus, kicking my ass isn't going to help anything!"

"You're a damn Warlock, fix her!" I gritted my teeth and snarled. I was going to snap his neck in half if he didn't do a successful job. "Fix her!"