Swim Practice

You're running towards the entrance of the pool. Today is your first day of swim practice, and you're almost late.

You run out onto the pool deck to see that the coaches and some of your team members are still putting the lane lines in. You let out a deep breathe which you had no idea that you were holding in.

You took your sweatshirt off along with your pajama pants. All that was left on you was a Speedo Swimsuit. {A/N : Everything above, minus the being late part, is an accurate description of the mornings when I have swim team XD}

You opened up your Speedo swim bag to dig out your goggles, but you couldn't seem to find them.

You took all of your towels out thinking that they were at the bottom, but they weren't. You checked where you put all of your shampoo, conditioner, and swim caps at, but they weren't in that department either. You checked all of the side pouches, only to find a hairbrush and a comb. You then opened up the bottom pouch where you kept your dry clothes to change into later, but the goggles weren't there either.

You jumped as a blue Speedo bag was thrown down next to you. You looked over to see who the bag belonged to. You almost jumped back and screamed when you saw who it was.

Mikleo, your crush.

"Hey Y/N." Mikleo said.

"H-hey Mikleo! Long time no see!" You blushed and said nervously.

"You seem to be having some trouble, may I ask why?" He said

"S-sure! Go right ahead!" You smiled awkwardly. You then realized that he had already asked you. You instantly felt stupid. "It's just that I can't seem to find my goggles anywhere in my bag."

Mikleo didn't answer you as he began to dig through his bag. He pulled out a pair of dark blue goggles with dark reflecting lenses on them. He held them out to you.

"Here, have these." Mikleo smiled. You hesitantly reached for them.

"But they belong to you." You shyly said.

"These are the ones I used last year, so I don't really have a use for them anymore. Besides Y/N, there's plenty more where those came from!"

"Thank you Mikleo!" You smiled at him

Time skip ~

You finished your last stroke as you glided and your right hand touched the pool wall. You broke the surface in a gasp. Everyone was breathing heavily since your coach made all of you do twenty 50's and when the last person in your lane got done, everyone did another.

"Alrighty then everyone!" Yelled your coach that was sitting in the main lifeguard stand, holding a megaphone which he was speaking through. {Just like my coach usually does lol}

You took off the goggles that Mikleo gave you and placed them on your forehead. You looked up at your coach as he continued to talk.

"I want all of you to pick a partner and grab some kick boards. We're all gonna do some 25 kick races."

People started to splash around in the pool trying to get to the person that they wanted to race with. But like always, it had to be someone that was in your lane.

"Y/N." Said a familiar voice. You turned around to see Mikleo standing by you, holding out a kick board. You took it from him.

"Mikleo," you shyly said. "Do you want to be my partner for this race?"

Mikleo nodded his head yes as you smiled.

"How about we place some bets Y/N." Mikleo said.

"Alright."  You smiled in response.

"If I win, you have to drive me, for an entire week, to and from school."

"Sure thing. And if I win," you smiled and blushed a bit. "You are going to take me out on a date."

Mikleo looked at you, smiled and then nodded.

"First group take your marks!" Your coach yelled.

Both you an Mikleo place one foot against the pool wall and leaned back, ready to spring forward when you were told to.

"Go!" The swim coach yelled.

Mikleo and you sprung forward. He started kicking right away. You on the other hand, glided forward a bit before you started to flutter kick.

You and Mikleo were head and head for a while until he started to pull forward. Falling back, you decided to make your kicks shorter and faster.

Eventually, you caught up to Mikleo and passed him. You smiled as you touched the wall, Mikleo not far behind.

You both looked at each other, you smiled and Mikleo blushed as he looked away. You took your right hand and splashed some water onto him. He turned around and smiled as he got closer to you.

"Baka." Mikleo smiled as he took his right hand, placed it on your head, and shoved you down into the water.

When you came back up, you splashed him even more. He splashed you back, smiling. The splashing went on for a while.

"Mikleo, Y/N!" Yelled your swim coach. The two of you stopped splashing each other and looked at your coach.

"Stop flirting with one another!" Your coach teased. Both you and Mikleo blushed. You took your kick board and put it in front of your face to hide the redness.

Mikleo gently pushed the kick board down, so that you could see him as he was floating in front of you, smiling.

"So about that date." He said smiling. Your face turned a shade redder when he mentioned it.

"W-what about it?" You stuttered.

"How about once practice ends, we head over to Starbucks to get some coffee?"

You smiled and nodded at him. When your coach made everyone race back to the other end of the pool, you and Mikleo couldn't help but smile at each other.

Especially since you were about to go on your first date with your crush.