Welcome to Aobajōsai High [4]

You stared patiently as Oikawa repeatedly hit the ball to the ground. The referee blew his whistle and motioned for Oikawa to serve the ball over. Oikawa caught the ball as it bounced back up towards him.

He put the ball to his forehead and closed his eyes, almost as if he were praying. When he opened his eyes, they looked like daggers as they narrowed on a certain spot.

He took his stance, bent down, and tossed the ball up. He then began the foot work of a jump serve.

"BALLS UP!!" All of you ladies yelled, hoping to mess him up in any possible way. It seemed to work, as Oikawa's expression went from a dead serious one, to a shocked look. You smiled to yourself.

As he hit the ball, it almost looked as if it were moving in slow motion. It wavered in the air a bit before it stuck straight to its path.

You took a couple steps up towards the net, seeing that the ball was kinda low. This would indicate the ball would fall short.

"Short!" You yelled and everyone shifted closer to the net. Alice, front right, eventually popped the ball up and Millie set the ball.

"Shoot!" She tsked as the ball went a little too close to the net. You took your eyes off of the ball and looked at the guys middle blocker. He was getting ready to down ball it. You smiled to yourself, and lined up with his hitting shoulder.

SMACK

. . .

POP

The crowd cheered as you got a touch on the ball. Your arms stung a little, but you quickly shook off the pain.

The ball soared back over to Millie, who set it to the outside. You crept up a little as Yuri did her spike approach. When she jumped up off of the ground to spike, the boys had put a double block on her.

Instead of doing her killer ace spike, she ended up doing a light roll to get the ball over the block.

"Mine!!" Yelled Oikawa. You smiled as you realised that Yuri had rolled to the setters spot.

Having their setter out didn't stop them, however. The ball was popped up, and Oikawa took his spike approach.

Yuri and your middle blocker, Alice, went over to attempt to put up a block on his spike. They were slow at doing so, as Oikawa hit straight through the gap that was still between them.

The ball was heading right towards you. You lifted your hands up, getting ready to set it.

"OUT!!" Everyone from your team yelled.

You quickly dropped your hands and ducked, making sure the ball didn't touch you. It sailed over your head and landed on the outside of the court. The referee blew his whistle and made the out sign with his hands and then pointed towards your teams side. This indicated that you guys were the ones to get the point.

You jumped up and threw a fist into the air and ran to the middle of the court. The rest of your team joined you. You all laughed and cheered each other on.

The whole crowd that had come to watch the match was also cheering.

Mikleo's POV

Mikleo started at the two volleyball teams. He's never seen anyone in any sport be this enthusiastic. The volley that had just played out was stunning.

And it was only the first point!

Mikleo looked down at you with your discoloured jersey. He saw you bend down and the he saw the outline of your butt, causing him to get distracted.