A New Mutant

Peter was running around the grounds of the mansion as he was most of the time. Most people think then when Peter is running he doesn't do anything other than run, but he actually does most of his thinking, while running. On this faithful morning, he was processing an early morning X-men meeting. Raven enjoyed training the X-men, but Charles felt like they could use new mutants for the team. Most of the students in the mansion, are too young to be part of the team, and there are still plenty of grown up mutants in the world who could come and join. But Raven, she isn't too excited about it.

'I don't want to put the team at risk, trying to find new mutants who likely don't want to be found!' Raven yelled. Very few people on the team or in the mansion dared to yell at the professor. Not even Erik did. Raven on the other hand, she didn't have any problem with it. At all.

'Raven, it won't be dangerous! Just give it a chance, please.' There was a pleading tone in the Professor's voice, even Raven could not deny that. And it was difficult for her to reject it, but in the end she put her foot down. 'You put me in charge of this team, and I refuse to send the team anywhere to get new mutants, and that's it.' And then she walked away, leaving most of the people (except the professor and Erik of course), in total shock. Peter had started to feel awkward in the room and had sped out of there as soon as he could. That was about an hour ago, and he was still running around the lawn of the mansion, probably wearing a muddy path in the grass. He stopped in his tracks when all of the sudden Jean appeared in front of him.

'Jesus, Jean! I could have run you over. Don't just appear in front of me like that.'

Jean seemed unimpressed and Peter rolled his eyes. 'The professor wants to see you in his office.' Was all she said before walking away. Halfway towards the door he heard her voice call out again. 'And leave your shoes at the door!'

He snickered and ran inside, appearing at the professor's door, on his socks. He knocked three times but was too impatient to wait for an answer and ran inside at his usual speed.

'Well, hello Peter.' The professor sounded neither impressed nor surprised by the sudden appearance of the young mutant.

'Hey Prof, what's up.' Peter let himself fall down upon the couch in the office.

The professor rolled his eyes slightly before rolling his wheelchair towards the couch. 'Peter, I think it is no secret that I believe it's necessary to recruit new mutants, even though Raven disagrees with me...'

Peter chuckles slightly, recalling the events from that morning.

'Yup, but why do you need me?'

'I have had my eyes, or thoughts if you may, on an interesting mutant living just outside of Lancaster. I would like her to join the team, but I do not know how to reach her. I figured, since you were about her age, you might have a shot.'

Peter nodded. 'Alright, so who is she?'

The professor grinned and soon enough they were standing in Cerebro. The professor started up the big machine as soon Peter was met by the image of a girl in her early twenties. She had brown, shoulder length hair, and blue eyes, wearing a brown leather jacket. He seemed quite intrigued by the look in her eyes, until suddenly the image faded. He looked at the professor who looked up at him with a troubled look in his eyes.

'You need to go help her, Peter. She is being attacked.'

Peter quickly scanned the coordinates of the woman he was supposed to find and started running as fast as he could. Within 15 minutes he was standing in a dark alley, and his gaze fell upon 3 men, and a woman, struggling for her freedom.

'Let me go, you asshole.' As he came closer he realized her shirt had been ripped to shreds and the mean working on removing her pants.

'You mutant scum don't deserve any better than how we treat you!' One of the three spat back at her.

If the sexual abuse about to happen in front of his eyes didn't disgust Peter enough already, the words out of the man's mouth did. He quickly pulled all of them away from the woman, disposing of them and few miles away, and ran back to the young woman. Now that she was looking up at him, he recognized her as the woman he saw in Cerebro. He extended her hand to help her up, and handed her his jacket to cover herself.

'You alright?' he asked.

The woman nodded. 'Thanks for the help. I'm Isabel.'

Peter smiled his usual smirk. 'Pietro Maximoff, but call me Peter.'

'I think I owe you a drink, assuming you are allowed to drink...'

Peter gasped, faking being insulted. 'I am 25 years old, if you must know.'

'Well, then follow me.'

They made their way back to Isabel's apartment, where she took the chance to put on a new shirt, before taking two beers from the fridge and sitting down on the couch.

'So, you're obviously also not a normal human, so what exactly is your power?' Isabel asked, no hint of uncertainty in her voice.

Peter fell down onto the couch next to her, drinking from his beer. 'Super speed... Basically I can run faster than the speed of light or sound.'

Isabel nodded, looking impressed. 'Nice, I'm sure that comes in handy sometimes.'

'It does, also a lot of fun.' He grinned. 'So what about you? Taken from the comments those scumbags made, you're a mutant too. So what's your power.'

'They call me siren.' She smirked.

'Siren? As those mythical creatures with their singing voices?'

Isabel grinned and got of extending her arms, which within the blink of an eyes had transformed into wings.

'Whoa!' Peter laughed. 'That's awesome!'

Isabel smiled somewhat sadly as she retracted the wings and sat down. 'You're one of the few to ever react like that. But yeah, I can make people forget whatever they do, basically enchant people, by singing, and I've got wings.'

'Nice.'

'There's one more question I have for you though.' Her tone turned serious. 'How did you find me?'

Peter smiled slightly. 'I'm friends with a rich and powerful telepath. Among other things, including a school for mutants, he has this big machine which amplifies his brain waves, allowing him to find people. When you were being attacked, he picked up on your fear, and sent me over.'

'A school for mutants?'

'Yeah, little kids learning how to control their power in a place where they don't have to be afraid of judgement. Grownups training their powers so that they can help others, or teaching the kids. It's a nice place. A pretty safe place.'

Isabel smiled. 'And there's no catch?'

Peter shook his head. 'Not really. Well, the prof is like bestie frenemies with Magneto. You know, the guy who tried to kill the president.'

Isabel laughed at Peter's teasing tone. 'I actually kind of liked his Whitehouse stunt. Beautifully dramatic.' She laughed again.

'Does that mean you'll come with us?'

'Oh, hell yes. I'm coming.'

A/N so I decided to add a New mutant, because I could, and I like the idea of having a blank slate character which I can give any kind of back story, and can create my own rules for (since I don't know all the X-men lore). I don't know yet how often she'll be in these one shots, since the main theme for most of these is still Quicksilver and Dadneto.