Experiment Part 2

Even though Erik had not yet returned with their mission's secret weapon, in the professor's office the X-men were already planning the rescue mission.

'With the schematics of base, it is most logical that they are keeping the students in the east wing, at the lowest level. It's the place they can guard the best, and is most difficult to escape from.' Hank stated.

'And they probably found a way to block their powers like they did with us last time...' Raven mumbled sadly.

'They might be able to block some parts of the building, but I'm assuming that they do not use it in the entirety of the building, otherwise they won't be able to experiment on them, which is likely what they're planning.' Erik had started talking as soon as he walked into the room, accompanied by a quite angry looking Wanda Maximoff. When they reached the table everyone was at, Wanda put her hands on the table and looked around at the people in the room.

'I want my brother back, and I will rip this earth apart in order to do so if it's necessary. So what the plan?'

Scott chuckled. 'Where were you last year when we were fighting apocalypse, we could have used that attitude.'

Raven rolled her eyes at Scott.

'We need to infiltrate the base, they will recognize most of us, taken that we were either kidnapped by them last year or broke in to save them. They won't recognize you, so you are our safest bet at getting in.' hank explained

Raven opened her mouth ready to start planning, when Erik pulled her aside.

'Raven, she might be powerful, but she is not indestructible.' Erik whispered. 'Keep that in mind in your plan, all right, I don't want her getting hurt.'

'Just because Peter has gotten hurt during missions, doesn't mean that my planning is to blame. I don't want anyone getting hurt, so don't worry so much.'

Peter closed his eyes and bit the inside of his cheek as the crazy doctors in the lab hit him with another electric shock. At first they were interrogating him, trying to find out about what mutants Peter knew, what the limits to the professor's powers were, and if he knew where magneto was. But after about half an hour they had given up on asking questions. They somehow unblocked Peter's powers and started beating and shocking him just to see how his body would react. There were a hundred little sensors on his body, and cameras recording the whole thing, and by now Peter had very little control over anything anymore, except his screaming. He refused to scream. He refused to give the maniacs around him the satisfaction of hearing him scream.

When the electricity in his body left and his body finally stopped shaking, he heard a voice in the distance.

'That's enough for today.'

He heard the clang of something heavy hitting a metal table, and did his best to hide the sigh of relief. Everything inside of him hurt. Every inch of his skin stung, and it felt like his brain would explode. Above his lip he could feel dried blood on his skin. But he was free for now, but just as he let that thought pass through his head he felt a pain on the inside of his forearm. He turned his head to see that a man was tattooing him. Tears stung in his eyes as the words on his arm became apparent.

"M-807"

Seeing the words almost made him throw up. Just like diluted extremists had treated his dad like an animal before, and marked him a number, as if he wasn't anything more than cattle, these men would do the same to the mutants. M-807. He was the 807th mutant they had experimented on in this building. As Peter was dragged back to his cell, unable to walk by himself from the pain, he figured it wasn't likely this place had more than 200 cells. 300 tops. He shuddered thinking about what might have happened to other mutants in this place, and was almost relieved when he felt the coolness of the stone wall of his cell, sink into his back.

In the background, like a haze, he could hear the concerned voices from Isabel and Jean, but he blocked them out. He let his head rest against the wall and prayed that there was something to get him out. Prayed his father would find him. Even though Peter knew, that if he did, no human in the facility would be left alive.

'Okay.' Raven walked into the professor's office. It was about 10 in the evening, and most of the students were already in bed. The X-men however, were meeting in the professor's office. 'Tomorrow we take revenge on Stryker.'

'We all know the plan, and we need to follow it to the letter, and communicate whenever something comes up that could interfere. Understood?' Hank asked.

Everyone nodded.

The professor looked around at the people in his office. Raven and Hank had grown up so much in the time he had known them, truly becoming great leaders. Erik was still aggressive and acted irrationally quite often, but with a family gained, and much more to lose, he had become much less reckless. And then there were Scott, Kurt and Wanda. He knew they were powerful, smart and strong, but all of them were somewhat unsure about their powers and what they could do. He just hoped their insecurity wouldn't make the mission more difficult for them.

'Everyone get a good night sleep.' Erik announced. 'We gather in the morning at 5 by the jet. If we do it right, we'll be able to give them a surprise attack before everyone in the building has started their shift.'

Peter was lying on the small dirty mattress in his cell, somewhere in the back he could hear silent sobbing. When he looked up he saw how Isabell was thrown back into her cell by the guards. Her body shaking, probably a late reaction to the electrical shocks. She groaned as she rolled onto the mattress.

'How long was I in there?' Her voice was shaky, and Peter knew she was trying to hide her pain. He saw her look over his shoulder and into Jean's cell.

'She's asleep.' He mumbled, and Isabel's shoulders slumped down. No longer hiding her discomfort, it was easy to see that she was probably just as hurt as he was.

'I hope they leave her alone. She's too young to have to go through all this shit.'

'None of us should have to go through it.' Peter answered bitterly.

'True. I just hope they get us out of here soon... I'm not sure how long I can hold in my screams and not give them the answers they want if they keep hurting me like that.' She looked at Peter, a guilty look in her eyes.

Peter nodded. 'I hope so, too.'

It was 5 in the morning when everyone had gathered around the jet. Hank walked forward.

'There's no time for motivational speeches, but I got one more thing for you.' He opened a box showing some high tech earplugs. 'Put these in. They will help us communicate throughout the base. There's 4 extra ones, for our friends. They should also protect us from Isabel's singing if in any case we will be able to get their powers back. Now let's get on that plane, and save our friends.'