Return of the Stepfather

This one shot is a sort of follow up to the "mental" one shot.

Although the police thought he had only imagined seeing a silver haired kid, who ran faster than the speed of light, he knew he hadn't imagined it. It wasn't the alcohol or the stumble he took due to the impact. He saw the kid, he was real. He didn't just know it was real, he knew who the kid was. And a week ago he showed up on TV. He was a lot older now. A young man in his early twenties, but he still had the same dark brown eyes and silver hair. He had no doubt about it. The kid on TV was Peter Maximoff. And if there was one thing George knew, is that he would do whatever he could to make the little bastard pay for what he did to him.

Due to a school trip all the teachers and students were away from the mansion and with the help of a young mutant who can make things appear differently than they are, Erik went on a trip to Germany to visit his father's grave. As a result, only Isabel and Peter were at home. They were still a little beat up from Erik's rampage, and though they used their powers again, they preferred to stay at the mansion.

Peter and Isabel quite enjoyed having the mansion to themselves. They spent some time running and flying around the gardens, eating way too much junk food, training in the danger room and watching movies. For both of them, it was a new experiencing to have a close friend with whom they could share moments like those and they enjoyed every minute of it. They were currently sprawled out on the couch in the living room, with some buckets of ice cream. It was already dark outside, and in the corner of the room a fire was burning.

'Why did you die your hair, Iz?' Peter suddenly asked. 'When I met you it was brown, now it's like almost white blonde.'

'I used to die my hair brown to fit in more... My hair turned blonde when my powers came in, so I died it to keep attention away from it. Here I don't feel the need to hide, so I let it be.'

Peter chuckled. Thinking back to all the times he wanted to cut his own hair because off the odd color it had. 'I can't argue with you on that. I nearly shaved my head a few times, but my mom stepped in each time.'

Isabel smiled. 'I'm sure all of us have tried to change things about themselves. Our strange powers always come at a price.'

Peter nodded. 'yeah, they do, but they're still pretty cool.'

They both laughed, but were shook to silence when they heard a loud clang outside.

'What was that?' Isabel asked.

'I don't know, but let's check that proximity alarm thing Hank has created. I'm sure if there is something out there, that thing will know.

They got up and made their way to Hank's office.

Hank's office was filled with all kinds of computers, blinking lights, strange noises and elaborate machines. And the first minute Isabel and Peter set foot inside it, they were woefully overwhelmed.

'What is all of this junk?' Isabel asked. She knew Hank was a genius, always working on something, but she had never been in his office before and was confused by all the many things it displayed.

'I don't even know.' He pointed towards a small machine in the middle of the desk with a red light. 'That is proximity alarm thing, though. I'm sure of that.'

'The light is not blinking.'

'That means the system hasn't found anything. We should be fine.'

Isabel nodded, still feeling a bit uneasy. 'Alright. I'm just going to head to bed.'

'Probably a good idea.' They slowly walked up the stairs together and each went their separate ways to their own bedrooms.