Runaway

It was on a Friday morning just before x-men training, when Peter was called down because his mom was on the phone. With a sigh he sat down, hoping it wouldn't make him late for training, Raven hated it when people were late.

'Hey mom.' He said as he picked up the phone. 'Look, I've kinda got training right now so can I maybe call you back la-'

'Claire ran away' Marya cut him off, and Peter nearly dropped the phone.

'What?!' he yelled. 'Why, how, when?!'

He heard Marya sigh at the other end of the line. 'We had a fight last night, she wants to go on a vacation with her friends, without any of the parents, and I wasn't too fond of the idea.'

Now it was Peter's turn to sigh. 'I want to help mom, but I don't really know how...'

'I know you can't really do anything right now, Peter, but I just wanted you to know. Let me know if you hear anything, okay?'

'I will mom, don't worry.'

'Okay. Thank you sweetheart. I love you.'

'Love you too.'

Peter hung up the phone with a sigh and made his way down to the danger room.

'Hey slowpoke, why are you so late?'

Peter looked up and saw Isabelle smiling at him. 'My mom called.'

'Right. You'd think that a fast guy like you would have a better excuse.' She laughed.

Peter chuckled. 'Oh yeah, what's your excuse?'

'The professor wanted to see me.'

'Damn.' Peter muttered. 'Raven might even forgive you for that.'

They walked into the danger room, and weren't surprised to find Raven glaring at them, her arms crossed in front of her chest, and her foot tapping impatiently.

'You want to tell me why the two of you are late?' She demanded.

Isabelle shot Peter an apologetic look. 'Professor wanted to see me.'

Raven squinted her eyes at Isabelle, then fixed her gaze upon Peter, apparently having accepted Isabelle's excuse.

Peter sighed. 'My mom called... My sister ran away, no one knows where she is...'

Scott looked confused. 'Thought your sister was your age, who's she running away from?'

'My little sister, she only 16.'

Raven nodded. 'Alright, well let's not waste any more time. It's time to train!'

It was after dinner; Peter was lying on his bed, trying to think about places where Claire could have gone, when he heard a knock on his door.

'I'm busy!' Peter called out, but the door opened anyway. By the sound of the footsteps he knew it was his dad who had walked in. 'Not now, dad.'

Erik walked over to the bed and sat down at the edge. 'Pietro, talk to me.'

Peter looked up with a sigh at the sound of his real.

'Raven told me about your sister, Peter. Are you okay?'

Peter just shook his head. 'I'm worried about her. She's somewhere out there, and I can't do anything to help her!'