[chapter thirteen]

| Forbidden Sparks |

[chapter thirteen]

(Acacia's p.o.v.)

.
.
.

I walked in late to psychology again. After getting scolded by that Professor Murray for a second time in recent weeks, I quickly took an open seat next to Miles, that I'd like to think that was left open specially for me.

By the bright smile Miles gave me, it assured me he wasn't too bummed about me falling asleep before I could carry out my whole booty-call plan.

"Hey," he whispered once I sat.

"Hey," I whispered back and gave him a smile.

"Can you keep it down? Some of us are actually trying to listen to the lecture." A familiar strong voice echoed through my ears. Of course, it was Brody who happened to be sitting directly in front of us. He gave me an annoyed scoff, grunt type thing, and then turned around.

Glad to see he's taking the rejection well.

               This is good. He's mad at me. That'll make it easier for me not to talk to him. Because talking usually leads to me either hooking up with him or telling him how we should never see each other again. But you know what, he deserves to be going crazy, after everything he put me though. Remember after we had sex, he hit me with a "see you around,". Total dick move.

           I could barely keep up with the lecture because my mind was racing with thoughts of Brody and Miles. Who have I become? My whole life has somehow become consumed with guys. That's not who I am. It's just something Brody has had the power to do and it's over. Why should I waste more tears on this guy? He isn't worth ruining my thirty-six dollar mascara.

           After class ended, I made a point to be extra touchy with Miles, knowing Brody was watching. I felt his blue daggers glued to me. If looks could kill, Miles would have been dead quite a while ago.

I leaned into Miles, boobs first, a move I learned from watching an old Marilyn Monroe movie. The way Miles' eyes trailed over me like a hunger eyeing his prey. It was a type of darkness and hunger that I hadn't seen in Miles before. It was a familiar lustful look that was usually in Brody's magnetic eyes when he looked at me.

         "So, what happened last night?" Miles asked me with a cheeky smile.

          "I may have fallen asleep before our sex-capades could begin." I laughed.

"Maybe we can pick up where we left off tonight?"

"I'll have to think about it," I said as I hooked my fingers in his belt loops and pulled him slightly closer to me. Usually this kind of PDA isn't my style, but with Brody watching, I wanted to give a show. The feeling of his jealous eyes on me was an adrenaline rush. I could feel the heat from his body radiating from a few feet away as he glared at my hands lingering on Miles' pants and I loved every second of it.

            We finally made our way outside, Brody not too far behind us. I kept up the flirty small talk with Miles knowing it was killing Brody. I know this seems a little much and I felt bad toying with Miles. I mean, obviously I did like him and want to sleep with him. This flirting would have happened anyway. Probably just in private.