You're in my head.

Dipper had changed his mind about visiting Ford and switched to seeing Mabel instead. Her dreams were just settling down when he popped up and shouted 'Hey Mabs, You wanna hear a joke?!' Needless to say her reaction was priceless. The unicorn she's been riding disappeared and she landed on her backside with a sad and angry expression.

"Go away." She said standing up and turning away. Dipper frowned and floated closer.

"Don't be like that, Mabel. I came all the way here to visit you. I'm not mad anymore. I'm way past all that mushy emotion stuff." He offered. "I just want to make a joke." He ducked as she threw what looked like a kitten at him. Throwing cats, that's just excessive.

"You became a demon Dipper. I can't talk to you anymore." She snapped.

"Who says? Stan? Ford? Who are they to tell you what to do. If you think about it it's their fault we drifted apart." Dipper offered. "Their fight became our fight when it shouldn't have."

"Don't, I don't want to hear this Dipper." Mabel said covering her ears. Dipper scowled and floated in front of her, dodging the half hearted swipe.

"Come on Mabs. Just a joke? I'll leave right after. Cross over the spot my heart used to be." He said playfully. She bit her lip. His voice had projected into her mind. How he sounded like the Dipper she'd always known and loved. Oh, how she'd missed him. Just a joke wouldn't hurt right?

"Just... just one." She said hesitantly. He grinned.

"Why did the chicken cross the road?" He began. When she didn't answer he continued. "To get turned inside out. Do you want to see?"

"Dipper stop." She sighed. "That's not funny, that's sick."

"I think it's funny." He said pouting. She shook her head. She'd let her guard down but the joke reminded her he wasn't the same old Dipper she knew and loved.

"Please. Just go away." She said hurt evident in her voice. Dipper made an annoyed huff and disappeared. She tried going back to her normal dreams but it just wasn't so easy anymore. But Dipper didn't say anything mean to her, or ask if she wanted to make a deal. Maybe there was still something left of the old Dipper in there.

---

Finally the day had come, Dipper had visited Stan. He wasn't sure if he should be upset or relieved that the boy turned demon finally acknowledged his existence. "Hey old timer, it's been a while." Dipper said nonchalantly.

"You messed up kid." Stan grunted not looking up from the TV show he was watching, yep he even watched TV in his dreams.

"Maybe in you're eyes." Dipper said cheekily, with confidence Stan had never seen in the boy. "I'm quite happy though."

"Oh, demons can be happy?" Stan snapped staring at the boy. Dipper laughed, it was loud, maniacal. Frankly it creeped Stan out.

"Apparently, since I'm thrilled with that ever disapproving glare of yours." Dipper replied with a grin that showed to many teeth.

"Pinetree, time to come home." Came Bill's voice, apparently even Stan heard it since the man visibly shivered. Dipper was about to tease him about it when the man sneered at him, it wasn't something Dipper expected.

"Aren't you going to return to your master?" Stan growled making Dipper scowl.

"He's not my master." Dipper snarled.

"NOW, Pinetree." Came Bill's voice again.

"Oh sure he isn't. Say, if you're obedient does he give you treats?" Stan huffed. Dipper's scowl deepened and his eyes turned red with anger.

"DIPPER." Bill shouted. Dipper flinched and left before Stan could tease anymore.
---

Bill tapped his foot, Dipper was ignoring him. When the boy finally appeared he was scowling. "You just made a fool of me in front of Stan." He snapped clearly in a bad mood.

"You were ignoring me." Bill replied.

"Because I was busy."

"Well I don't like to be ignored."

"And I don't like to be interrupted or belittled. And thanks to you both happened." Dipper huffed and turned away like a child. 'Well I suppose he is.' He thought idly.

"Awe, don't be mad, Pinetree." Bill said.

"Shove off, Corn Chip." Dipper snapped.

"Come on... I have some news."

"Good or bad?"

"Does it matter?"

"Not really." But Bill had Dipper intrigued.

"Well I wanted to wait till you had a better grip on your powers but the others are getting meddlesome and annoying. So in a few days we're headed to the Demon plane." Bill announced making streamers fly everywhere like it was a party. Dipper set the streamers on fire with a flick of his wrist, not in the mood for antics. "Oi..."

"And if I say I don't want to." Dipper huffed.

"Than 8-Ball can drool all over your arm and I won't do anything to stop it." Bill replied smoothly. Dipper recoiled in disgust.

"You wouldn't." The new Demon challenged.

"Try me short stuff." The elder Demon laughed. But the reply had been what Dipper had wanted. It made him feel like he had a choice, like Bill wasn't his master. Little did Dipper know, Bill knew all about this little insecurity and how to manipulate it. Because like it or not Bill was the master. But Dipper didn't need to know that just yet.

"Fine I'll go. Just who made you change your plans." Dipper huffed.

"That harpy Pyronica wants to meet you." Bill growled turning red as he remembered her flippant actions.

"So? Big deal. Smack her upside the head. Yell at her. Send her flowers." Dipper said with a shrug. This time Bill recoiled in disgust.

"Flowers, hey, I hate her but I don't hate her that much." Dipper laughed and floated off into the dream dust house with Bill close behind.
---

Stan and Mabel were sitting at the table with very similar expressions of deep thought and very similar deep thoughts. Dipper hadn't changed too much. Sure he was maniacal, violent and somewhat creepy. But he was still insecure, he had been nice to Mabel, and she was sure it wasn't an act. And most of all, he hadn't once asked them if they wanted to strike a deal, he'd only ever asked ford.

Was there a part of Dipper that was still human?