X

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!! I tried to thank everyone but there were SOOOO many!!

Chapter 10... the book is already 1/3 complete. Wtf

Once again, thank you very much, and here's your chapter :)

When Renegade walked into the main room the next day, he was definitely not expecting to see Batman and the team huddled over whatever appeared to be a large holographic computer screen.

"What's up guy- Ah, jeez, don't tell me you all are watching porn!" The un-human teenagers raised an eyebrow at his remark, while the others groaned (excluding Batman who simply ignored him). Various images were on the screen. A few newspaper articles, a circus tent, and small images with faces on them, that Renegade didn't recognize.

"Stop being so immature." Artemis sighed, brushing a strand of hair out of her eyes.

"Stop being so annoying." Renegade retorted.

"Sounds like someone's a hypocrite."

"Sounds like someone's a bitch."

"Richard. Artemis."Batman interrupted the two, solemnly stepping forward. Renegade was quick to notice as the rest of the teams faces held the same grim expression. They probably were just upset because they had missed him so much.

Renegade was taken aback by the use of his real name, which Batman had yet to actually address him by,""Hold up, first of all, why the sudden calling-me-by-my-first-name-thing? Did I do something wrong? If this is about the cookie I stole from Wally, I have a perfectly good explanation for that."

"You did what?" The said speedster replied upset with the new information he was receiving.

"Did you want me to starve? I might have died had I not eaten that!"

Wally rolled his eyes in annoyance. His aunt had made him those cookies...

"So, why all the glum faces? Did someone die? Did the pound catch on fire?! NOOO! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE! IM SO SORRY!" The said teen collapsed into his knees, burying his face into his hands.

Batman continued,"No, this is not about a cookie that you stole, or a fire. After yesterday's events, I decided to gather information about what occurred at the circus and I discovered a lot of information. Some of this you may not want to hear, but I assure you it is all the truth.... I was able to research your identity using your blood samples that I had previously collected. The ring master, Jack Haley's, story checked out. He knew exactly who you were, so did that woman. That being said, I now understand that during your time under Deathstrokes command, your memories were warped, changed to whatever Deathstrokes wanted you to believe. I am unsure of exactly why he wanted to do such a thing, but it's the only reasonable conclusion. Basically, I believe that what you think might be true about your past is potentially false memories implanted by your old mentor."

"Yeah, well I believe that you need to mind your own damn business. My mind is about as intact as a large building- with a few missing screws."Renegade shrugged. The new information was hardly phasing him. Had he suspected such a thing before? Sure, but there wasn't much he could do about it now.

"This may be hard to take in, but you're memories are incorrect, Renegade. Those people at the circus were not wrong when they said they knew you. They did, and you knew them too. You spent most of your life with them. And you would remember that, had Deathstroke not tampered with your mind. They were practically your family."