XVIII

So this update came later than expected for a couple of reasons.

1) To put it simply, school is a bitch

2) If anyone watches the news, you'll know that there has been really bad flooding in the Houston area. It just so happens that I live in Houston. Don't worry, my neighborhood was hardly effected and I'm okay :)

And I suggest looking at my "Randomness" Book because I'll usually put little "updates" there as to why I can't update, or I just post random junk there. (I may or may not be putting some info about my next fanfic there soon. Who knows?)

But enough of that, here's your chapter!

Renegade perked his head up when he heard the door of the infirmary bay open. He was grateful someone was here to entertain him, even though he would never admit it. The boy had been so bored on his own, subjected to thinking of a whole new list of good comebacks and dirty jokes.

Though, much to his dismay, it had been Batman who had entered the room, rather than one of his teammates.

"Why are you here? You left me here alone for two days with no word as to what was happening. I could have died! My pet turtle could have died! Do you care that little about Shelly and I?"

The man seemingly raised an eyebrow under his cowl,"Pet turtle?"

"I mean... What? There's totally not a turtle in my bath tub... Okay, but honestly, is the name Shelly too much? Like, I was gonna name her doggo because ya know, I like dogs, but I decided to get a bit more creative."

"Where did you even find it?"

"In the sewers. I'm hoping it'll fight crime with me in a few weeks." The boy beamed,"I know he's supposed to have a rat sensei, but Wally is close enough to a rat, and I need him to teach Shelly how to be faster."

Batman shook his head in disapproval,"I did not come here to discuss a pet turtle. I want to take you somewhere. Are you able to walk?"

"Depends on where we're going."

"Please just answer the question."

Renegade sighed, then soon after, he practically threw himself off of the bed, groaning as his past injuries were put pressure on.

The Dark Knight was instantly at his side, holding him up by his shoulders,"What did you do that for?!"

"I needed to see if I was good enough to walk. So far, we have good news and bad news?"

Batman gave him a look, basically asking for clarification.

"The good news is, I think my legs work. The bad news, my legs are too lazy to work right now. You may have to carry me."

The man let go of the boy, letting him drop to the ground,"I guess we will just have to wait until you're fully healed."

"Wow! Okay, you got me! I lied! I can walk... But you're lame, ya know. Not even offering me a wheelchair or a ride to wherever you're taking me. Imagine, the Batman as my chauffeur!" The two began to walk out of the infirmary, Batman still keeping a hand on the ebony's shoulder to ensure that he didn't collapse,"Where are we even going?"