XXII

So I'm not dead?

Neat

Oh and...

Just saying... if it wasn't for Courtz088 this would not be out yet.

A week later, Renegade found himself frowning as he sat on the green couches that resided in Mount Justice. All of the team was out living their lives and all today. Superboy and Miss Martian were on a date (M'gann invited him so he wouldn't he be left alone, but there was no way that he was going to third wheel), Aqualad left to Atlantis to visit friends, Wally was- well, doing whatever he did with his free time, and Artemis helping her mother move  or something. Renegade didn't really pay enough attention when she told him.

Recognized: Batman 02

Renegade frowned as he realized that the names had been changed back. Lame... but also, why was Batman coming in? Had he discovered that when Renegade said he would "go to the Mountain to train" he really meant to "raid the fridge", because that would not be good. Sure, Alfred was an amazing cook and the manor had tons of food, but the old man couldn't help but stress the importance of eating healthy.

Whatever the reason, the ebony jumped up from the couch to go converse with the Dark Knight. Hopefully the hero could help cure his boredom somehow,"Hey, Bats, what plans do we have today on the agenda? Arkham Breakout? Bomb threat? Army of Evil Hamsters?"

The said hero looked down at him,"No, as much as handling evil hamsters would be interesting, I have a mission with some League members today. Shazam and Green Arrow, I'm sure you know of them. I simply came to tell you that I will not be at the manor until tomorrow morning."

Renegade frowned. So much for curing his boredom,"Fine, but bring me back a space thing or you're cancelled."

"Alright, but are you sure you'll be okay on your own?"

"Uh, duh, I'm not four. Plus, Alfred will be there. He's a ninja, ya know. He denies it every time I ask, but I know how it is, a ninja has to keep their identify a secret. I'll crack him some day." The teen gave a toothy grin.

"Good, I'll see you tomorrow, and hopefully the manor in one piece."

"Of course, you should really be more worried about the cave anyway."

Batman glared.

"I'm kidding. I'm kidding... not really,"Renegade ushered the hero toward the zeta tubes,"Just don't die. I need my space souvenir. Bye." With that, the Bat-themed hero walked back into the zeta tube, which the boy was slightly grateful for.

Renegade had spoken with a slight serious tone, not at all noticed by the hero- or if it had been, the Dark Knight hid it well. To be honest, Batman wasn't completely healed from his encounter with Deathsfroke and Renegade was entirely against the hero going out- not that he would ever admit it. It just bugged him that the man was up and walking as if nothing had happened. The two didn't even speak about what had happened that night, and Bruce never found out that he had left to go see his old cohorts- meaning that Selina hasn't snitched on him.

Renegade was only partially thankful that Catwoman hadn't said anything, but at the same time, he wanted any kind of excuse to discuss exactly what happened that night.

Plus, Dick was still highly unsure of the entire hero or villain dilemma. While the hero life wasn't all that bad as he was discovering, he missed the simplicity of his old life. The boy just wanted to steal a box of pizza or shoot a rapist without his conscious making him feel like shit afterwards.