XVI

I wasn't even gone for 24 hours

.... I wasn't even gone for 24 hours.......

*sigh*

I guess y'all deserve this chapter for spamming me so much

So here it is...

Dick Grayson let out as sigh as he attempted to walk past the crowds within Gotham City. On this particular day, he decided he just needed some air but, just to his luck, the streets seemed to be extremely crowded, the masses of people not appearing to be leaving any time soon.

The said boy tucked his hands into the pockets of his blue jeans, pondering over everything that had changed since he joined the team. Geez, he had so many problems now. Dick could still remember when his last problem was when the next season of a show would come out, or which criminal he would decide to kill next.

Unfortunately for him, that was no longer the case. Nowadays he had so much more to worry about, like remembering his past, for instance. It didn't even help that he had such a tragic past. Honestly, couldn't his past just be filled with getting sugar-high and scraping his knee or whatever. But, no, instead he got dead parents, juvy, and a psychotic mercenary looking for an apprentice. He even pleaded to M'gann to remove his memories, yet much to his dismay, she refused.

Dick pushed himself past yet another crowd of people as he listed off his problems in his mind.

"Hey!" A ginger female yelled at him as they crashed into each other,"You just bumped into me! What, no sorry?"

"Why would I say that if I'm clearly not sorry?" The teenage girl made a face before continuing in the direction she was previously headed to,"Be grateful, I usually don't let peasants bug me!" He called out, causing several people to look in his direction.

Renegade ignored the looked and returned to his thoughts. To add to the list, there was also the stupid tracking electric bracelet preventing him from running away. Renegade learned the hard way that if he even messed with it too much, Batman would be quickly alerted and an electric shock would be delivered to him. He hated the thing and it bugged him when he was trying to sleep. Batman should have trusted him enough by now to just remove it. Then again, Renegade knew that the second it was gone, he would be too.

In addition to this, the heroes were trying to change him and make him a caring loser with a heart. They figured if he attended their simple little missions, he would never kill again. Truthfully, it was kind of working and that scared Dick. How was he expected to get anything done if he was caring about the safety of others?

Finally, there was his largest issue, AKA Deathstroke being alive and vengeful. To be honest, Renegade wasn't being as cautious as he should be, with Deathstroke running around and all, but it was hard to be cautious and not have to team question him. They were all practically breathing down his next last time, when he was on edge the entire mission. Though, he couldn't risk telling anyone about Deathstroke at this point. His ex-master was a genius, one of the best at his job, he would surely find a way to turn the heroes against Renegade. It wouldn't even be that hard, considering that apparently Renegade wasn't exactly "nice or likable".