XIV

So I've noticed that I have a bad habit of switching from the hero and civilian names. Whoops.

I planned to update this much earlier, but I hated this way that this chapter had previously turned out, so I practically rewrote it all....sorry??😬

Oh look... a filler chapter :/ yippe :///

After the whole Deathstroke being alive ordeal, Renegade was slightly- no scratch that- completely on edge. He refused to go outside anywhere to hang out with the team. He refused to be left alone in a room for more than 10 minutes (other than for sleeping, which was still terrifying for him). Though the team didn't quite pick up on his behavior until several days after when they were assigned a mission in Bludhaven.

The teenagers noticed how much more Renegade didn't want to go on the mission, and they especially noticed how jittery he was on the entire ride in game bio-ship. The youngest of the group had jumped at every small sound, but when asked why, he claimed that it was necessary in order to be a good hero. As he so expertly quoted,"Expect the unexpected."

"What's got you so panicked recently?" Artemis asked as the team now rested within the Mountain before the mission report. They had just returned from the said mission in Bludhaven and they all were practically exhausted.

Renegade shrugged,"You know, just watching out for fangirls. You wouldn't understand, you being ugly and all." He pulled up his holo-computer, being that they all were still in uniform, and began to play a game.

"I doubt you have any fans,"The blonde rolled her eyes,"But seriously, why have you been really on edge?"

"On edge? Nah, I've been off the edge. For sure." The teen hopped on the soft green sofas of the Mountain, lying down and propping his feet on the top of the sofa.

M'gann spoke up,"Are you sure you're okay? You seemed really worried today. Perhaps your memories are affecting your behavior."

Renegade was too engrossed in his game, no longer paying any kind of attention, or perhaps he was just pretending as if he wasn't paying attention. Most likely the latter.

"How the hell is this loser beating me? Who does pewdiepie think they are?"

Then the zeta beam went off,"Recognized: Batman 02." Renegade said nothing, but frowned when he heard that Batman had changed the zeta tube names to the default setting. The teen made a mental note to go back in later. He had come up with some good ones and refused to let them die.

"He must be here for the mission report." Aqualad stood up, as did the rest of the team, as they made their way to meet up the Dark Knight. They all just wanted to hurry and give the report so they could go take a shower and pass out in bed. It was pretty late, after all.

As soon as they approached the hero, Aqualad began,"The mission was a success,"The leader went on to explain the details and main events of the mission.

Batman seemed to be pleased with everything that has been said,"I'm proud. This team has really been pro-"

"Woo-hoo! I'm amazing! Ren:) is now 1st place! Whoop, whoop!" Renegade randomly interrupted as he threw his hands up in the air, celebrating his win on his game.
He smiled with pride and threw his fists up in the air.

"Renegade."Batman, who seemed far from amused, was quick to scold him.

"It's okay, Bats. I won't forget you when I'm famous. You can be in my autobiography. I'll name your chapter: And I Thought I Was Bad." He put a hand to his chest as he spoke.