Chapter 7: lashing out

Draco

       "Hazel?" I nervously called out, my heart pounding madly inside my chest as I stared at her, my body freezing cold and numb from the sight of her, from the sight of her trembling frame... The sight of a dangerously sharp knife in her trembling hands and I internally cried out in frustration of what was happening to her.

            Hearing my voice, her eyes scanned the crowd before they landed on me and Kyle and my heart dropped at the crazed look visible in her eyes, the sea of students around murmuring and whispering among themselves.

              "Hazel..." Kyle trailed off, looking shocked and fearful at the same time for the first time in forever and I couldn't blame him in anyways about it.

           "You're here." She softly muttered with a weak smile on her lips that it was barely audible to hear and that's when Kyle snapped out of his shock as he stared at Hazel.

           "Hazel, drop the knife down." He calmly commanded but she only shook her head slowly, the crazed look back in her eyes as she chuckled to herself.

             "No big brother Kyle. I put up with everything that you did to me...all of you... Right now, you'll have to put up and listen to what I have to say." She stated firmly, standing her ground and a determined look burning in her eyes along with the crazed look.

              "Hazel, this is foolish!" One of the students screamed and well, lucky him since he was just behind me, I turned around quickly and without another say, I unhesitatingly smashed his nose with my fist and it collided on his face with a sickening sound before he fell to the ground with a bloody nose.

             "Watch your fvcking mouth." I snarled at the guy who glared at me but I only narrowed my eyes at him and he could only cower under my threatening gaze. Well, I honestly can beat him up like how I did to the other one earlier if ever.

            "Foolish?" I turned around as Hazel's loud mocking laugh filled the air and she snorted in disbelief while I stood there stunned and silent... She... Is that really my sister?

           I pulled my hair again in frustration at watching her slowly loosing her mind, laughing as if someone had given a laughable joke when in fact no one did... She was slowly slipping away as if she was loosing her very sanity and it isn't imposibble with how things are running.

           "Foolish? Me? Then what do you call yourselves?" She spat back in spite, her body shaking terribly with anger, seething with rage as she tightly grasped the handle of the knife in her grasp that the whites of her knuckles were clearly seen.

       "What's this drama----"

         Kyle abruptly turned around and gave an ominous look to those who tried to talk, shutting them up instantly under his death glares that promised trouble and pain.

           "Pushing a defenseless girl around. Judging someone when you don't know anything. Tell me... Do you fvcking know me?" She snarled, eyeing everyone around who all looked doubtful and hesitant now that the girl they used to bully was slowly loosing her mind even if unconsciously or not with that crazed look in her eyes. No one responded to her question.

            "No you don't." Hazel calmly stated but her eyes weren't as calm with the turmoil and blaze inside them.

              "You don't know anything and branded me a murder. Really... Has it ever crossed your mind that if I really were a murderer, I would've killed you instead of letting you hurt me everyday?" Her words were filled with different emotions and I couldn't find the right words to say. I didn't know what to say.