Chapter Twelve

Well apparently Tanner's pack is a hell of a long ride because it seemed like they had been driving for hours. Tess had managed to fall asleep for part of the ride.

She awoke to here the radio playing AC/DC, Highway to Hell. Oh how fitting, Tess thought and mentally rolled her eyes. She noticed Tanner had aviator sunglasses on and was practically jamming out to the song with his head bobbing and singing.

For some reason seeing a big scary Alpha singing and dancing was really funny. It took a few minutes for Tanner to realize he was being watched. He turned his head to look at his gorgeous mate to realize she was grinning at him and he blushed in embarrassment. If anyone in his pack knew he'd never hear the end of it.

Tess was smiling at him but then her smile faded as she remembered this guy is practically kidnapping her. She looked away and out the window at the forest surrounding them. The thick green trees were beautiful and she almost felt, at home. She scooted her body as far away from him as she possibly could, pressing her side to the door. Only one thing was on her mind.

Escape, how can I escape? He's driving too fast for me to just open the door and fall out. I mean I could but it's probably not my best option. I seriously doubt I can out-fight him. At least not in the condition I'm in at the moment. I'll just have to wait for the, 'opportune moment', as Johnny Depp likes to say. Tess planned in her head.

"Well good morning, sunshine," Tanner says with a smirk. Tess glares at him hating his nickname for her. Instead of answering him she remains silent and looks out the window again. "Wow, the silent treatment how mature! What are you five?" He said sarcastically.

Tess's face wrinkled up, "No I'm not five thank you very much, I am seventeen for your information!" He chuckled, "Hey at least I got you to talk to me." Tess rolls her eyes annoyed with him. "Aww, your face is so cute when you get mad." He says teasingly. Tess decided to ignore him, that was until he asked a good question.

He nods his head to the mirror, "What's her name?" He asked referring to the sleeping Lexi. "Oh that's Lexi, I guess she is considered to be my best friend at the moment. She's been going through... family issues." He sighs, "Aren't we all." Tess laughs at him. She looks over to see a drop dead gorgeous smile on Tanner's lips. "What?" She asked. He shakes his head, "Do you know how beautiful your smile is?" He asks. "Um, no.." Tess replies.

"The fact is, I only just met you but your smile brightens my day. I just know that no matter how bad I could feel if I just saw you and your smile, it would give me true happiness." Tanner pauses before continuing, "Your smile is like a ray of sunshine that can part the darkest rain cloud on a stormy day. I could be the happiest man in the world but without your smile it wouldn't be complete, it would be.. empty." He says with a blush on his face and a small grin.

Tess's eyes were probably bulging out of her head when he finished. Her face was very red from blushing so much. Okay, maybe having an Alpha for a mate won't be that bad. He at least deserves a chance. I like this side of him because that was so sweet. Dammit, I just can't stop smiling now.

The Ford turned off the main road and onto a long gravel road. As soon as they got on the road Tess could see wolves in the woods as well as people, some who were very, umm, nude. Akkkk, my poor innocent eyes!!! Eww, I just saw a guy who's like 60!!!    I can never unsee that. I think I might go blind, Tess complained to herself.