four

after the movie, dan and phil went to dan's room. they lied on the bed together, both on their phones.

"hey, wanna rewatch stranger things?" phil asked, "season two can't come soon enough."

"maybe later," dan said, "i just wanna cuddle, and maybe sleep."

"okay," phil said, "stranger things later, cuddles now. buuuut, we could do both!"

"you wouldn't let me watch shrek so i'm not letting you watch stranger things," dan said.

"you're a meanie," phil said, kissing dan's cheek.

"you're the meanie."

"oh, shush," phil laughed, that beautiful laugh that dan loved.

dan stayed silent after that, going back on his phone a couple seconds later.

"let's go drive around," phil said.

"i'm too tired," dan said.

"come on, live a little!" phil said.

"how about we nap now, and at three a.m. we can go on a drive," dan said, setting his phone aside and closing his eyes.

"okay," phil said, "i love you."

"i love you, too," dan smiled, "now sleep."

dan soon fell asleep but phil stayed awake, just admiring his beautiful boyfriend. he smiled at dan before getting out of bed and leaving the room. he went down the stairs where dan's parents were, his dad watching the telly and his mum reading a book.

"hey, guys," phil said, taking a seat on the sofa.

"oh hi, phil," dan's dad, will said, "where's dan?"

"napping," phil answered simply, "i'm not tired enough to, myself."

"ah, well we're happy to spend some time with you," will answered with a smile, patting phil's knee.

"thank you," phil said.

"so, you like rugby?"

-----

phil later went back to dan's room where dan was still asleep. phil took a picture of him on his phone. he would show dan later.

phil sat criss-crossed on the bed next to dan and scrolled through tumblr and texted his mum. dan woke up about a half hour later.

"you stayed here the whole time?" dan asked phil.

"oh, well most of the time. i went down and talked to your parents. your dad talked about rugby and how much he wished you'd have played it."

dan laughed, "yeah, he always wanted me to do sports. but he's still proud of me i think."

"yeah, he is," phil smiled, taking dan's hand in his own, "both of your parents are. they love you a lot."

"i love them, too," dan said, "they're so supportive. especially now when i need it the most."

"yeah," phil smiled, "i hope you know i love you a lot, too. and i'm with you every step of the way."

"i know," dan smiled, "thank you, philly. i don't know what i'd do without you."

"i feel the same," phil said, kissing dan's hand.

"so what's the time?"

"about four," phil said, "wanna watch high school musical?"

"of course," dan said, "i will never turn down high school musical."

-----

they spent the rest of the day watching disney original movies, ending it with camp rock and camp rock 2.