nineteen

the next day, dan was allowed home from the hospital, although his doctor was still going to keep a close eye on him and his family.

the second they got back, dan hugged his parents, then walked up the stairs to his bedroom. phil followed him.

dan immediately got under the covers and rolled into a cocoon. phil chuckled and sat on the side of the bed. he was happy dan was back.

the cancer had subsided dramatically to the point of non-existence. his tumor was completely gone now, and there was no sign of cancer left in his body.

"dan?" phil asked.

dan popped his head out of the cocoon, "yeah?"

phil smiled, and brushed a piece of dan's hair to the side, "i told you we'd beat this."

"i'm sorry i ever doubted you," dan said back, laughing lightly.

phil leaned forward and kissed dan on the forehead, "we should plan our wedding date soon, don't you think?"

"probably," dan said, "but for right now i just want to sleep."

"okay," phil said, "i'm gonna go downstairs and see what your parents are up to. if you need me you know where to find me."

"okay," dan said.

"sleep well, dan," phil said, kissing dan on the lips before leaving the room.

-----

when dan woke up, phil was next to him in the bed. he was sat up, playing a game on his phone. when he felt dan move, he locked his phone, set it to the side and smiled at him, "how'd you sleep?"

"fine," dan said, yawning, "what time is it?"

"late, i think it's one a.m.," phil said, "i haven't been keeping track."

"have you slept at all?"

"i tried, not much luck though."

"you need your rest," dan said.

"i slept a lot when you were in the coma, i'm fine, dan," phil protested with a calm smile.

"..." dan thought of what to say next, "okay, if you're sure."

"i am sure," phil said, leaning forward and pecking dan's cheek.

"okay," dan said, "i'm bored, will you watch a movie with me?"

"of course," phil said, "what do you want to watch?"

"i don't know," dan said, "tangled?"

phil chucked, "sure."

so they watched the movie together. every now and again pausing it to get snacks or go to the bathroom. they fell asleep about halfway through.

-----

about a week passed and dan was feeling much stronger. his hair was getting thicker and he was no longer underweight.

dan had just awoken from sleeping overnight. it was ten in the morning.

the day previous, he and phil had discussed when the wedding would take place. they'd get married in half a year, that would give them enough time to prepare and get everything in order.

they'd be sending out the invitations in a couple months.

they hadn't told anyone yet, as they'd figured it out late last night.

phil stirred in his sleep. dan smiled at him. he couldn't believe that after everything they'd gone through, they were still so in love.

phil's eyes opened. he looked up, "good morning, dan."

"morning," dan said, his face still in a smile.

"should we tell your mum today?" phil asked, smiling back, "about the wedding date?"

"probably," dan responded, "i don't see why we should wait."

"okay," phil said, "let's go."

/a/n so i know this chapter is short and stuff but the next chapter is gonna be really long i promise (and also the last chapter whoops)

i want to end it on a multiple of 5 and i don't think i can drag this story on to 25 parts.

also it's super hard to update this anymore so i decided to end it.

i love you guys <3 thanks for being so supportive

-emily